[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If my PayPal account goes negative because some buyer scammed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1476757731479.jpg (40KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1476757731479.jpg
40KB, 400x384px
If my PayPal account goes negative because some buyer scammed me what will happen if I just don't pay it back? And never use PayPal again? It's about 400$ I'm at a lost for.
>>
>>1595721
read the fucking terms ans conditions
they can take legal action against you or send it to a collection agency

best to fight them before they charge you
>>
>>1595721

>They sell the debt to a collection agency
>Collection agency gets judgement against you
>Your credit score goes to shit
>Liens are placed on your assets and your wages garnished.
>>
I had this problem. Minus -150, didn't pay attention to it and didn't care either. After 8 weeks or so debt collection agency showed up lel
>>
>>1595770
I didn't give my SS number >>1595790
Like to your door?
>>
>>1595721
I'm in a similar boat.

Dropped out of a uni course in the second week but they still charged me 10% of the tuition. (~200 bucks)

I'm just not gonna pay it despite the notices they're sending me because shit, I'm not paying for a fucking introduction week where all they teach you is the course syllabus.
>>
feels good to be a good customer sometimes. how could you sleep at night? i know paypal doesn't give a shit about me but damn. don't be a dick in life.
>>
>>1596726
If you set up a paypal account, you gave somebody's social security number
>>
>>1595721
suffered the same scenario in highschool
Think I had b.s. info because a collection agency did harrass me and send me letters in the mail but I never responded and eventually moved 3 years later
In Canada btw and never gave my SSN
Was not on my credit report last time I checked (2months ago)
Also I was a minor at the time and used b.s. d.o.b
>>
>>1596864
did you not fucking read what i said?
they dont have my social security.....

you can set it up without a ssn
i made it 3 years ago.
>>
>>1595770
This.

Don't accept credit card payments online unless you have a business and factor chargebacks into your prices. You will get screwed out of your product and have to pay a chargeback fee on top of giving the money back.
>>
>>1596726
Yes, to my door. They even wanted to come inside.
>>
>>1597436
Wtf did you say
>>
Its probably different in the US but in France debt collection agencies can't do shit legally. They come to your door and try to BS but if you tell them to fuck off nothing happens. Only an accredited lawyer can seize something from you and his fees will be upward 400$ so chances are you'd be fine.

Look up the law in your country.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.