[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about pursuing arcitechture. Any /arcitecht/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5766.jpg (69KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5766.jpg
69KB, 600x300px
I'm thinking about pursuing arcitechture. Any /arcitecht/ here? What is this field like?
>>
Its full of queers
No such thing as an architect anymore
Now you just have glorified interior designers
Architects are all complete useless shits

t. steel fabricator who deals with them every day
>>
>>1595667
architect here, if you want money dont do it. for the education, hours and effort needed there are a lot of better jobs and better returns on the invested time and money.

It seems glamours to the public but the pay is 40k to start topping out 30yrs later at 90k unless you are in SF/NY maybe more but the cost of living is a bitch then.

we are first to be cut when recessions hit and we are only in demand when real estate is booming meaning we cant find/afford houses when our job prospects are at their best ironically.

>>1595949
You realize what a tiny tiny part of our jobs dealing with fabricators/suppliers is? you are clearly not well informed at the least and a giant cum guzzling fag in all likelihood.
>>
>>1595953
>we are first to be cut when recessions hit and we are only in demand when real estate is booming meaning we cant find/afford houses when our job prospects are at their best ironically.

Yup. Architechs lifes are cyclical to their industry...

being a oil man is much worse.
>>
I know several architects, they are, without exception, all poor.
>>
>>1595953
Your drawings are shit and lack necessary information

Every. Time.

The entire approval process is a waste of time.
>>
>>1595667
Learn Revit or GTFO
>>
>>1595667

its a meme
>>
File: my lil niggers.jpg (56KB, 587x390px) Image search: [Google]
my lil niggers.jpg
56KB, 587x390px
>>1595667
You'll have to deal with retarded civil engineers and fabricating faggots that are only used to building nigga-tier crap only found in somalia or the chink republic (although their standards have risen).

You'll spend days, weeks, months contemplating the best solution for a building having to please the money, the city, the tenants, the function, the building code.

Your only pleasure is the fact that civil engineers are your fuckbois, which were too mentally retarded to pursue higher engineering (yes architecture is higher engineering, an architect is not Ted Mosby or the cad-monkeys the civil-engineer faggots are allowed to correspond with, nor are they interior designers and other fagy crap, the architect only corresponds with the government and/or the investor, the lesser are dealt through delegates). The butthurt of the lesser engineers (civil, hvac, etc.) will feed you and make you stronger. Fabricators on the other hand are nigga-tier slaves, that are there to deliver.

t. Architect

now youngster, feed on the butthurt that is to commence
>>
>>1596173
So whats it like being gay? Can an architect even be successful nowadays without coming off as a boy who takes dicks in the butt?
>>
>>1595667
The role of an Architect has changed recently from the role it once was.

If you want to be a faggoty architect drawing pictures of buildings that dont fucking work in real life only in concept as in OP pic your moving into a saturated industry that is going downhill quick now that graphic designers can replicate the same ideas, quicker and cheaper than the oversold Architect meme.

The previous role that is more suited to an archtiect and useful for construction purposes has now moved over to an >architectural technologist and this is what is now considered to be the >"New Architect" basically creating working drawings using CAD with the design concept built into the software to show to "predicted" designs.

Gone are the days of Fucking overpaid imbeciles drawing non-working concepts of projects that are unrealistic in design and approach for the real fucking construction workforce
>>
>>1596173
>You'll have to deal with retarded civil engineers

YOU ARE THE RETARDED ONES YOU HIPSTER SHITS WHO CAN'T DESIGN A STANDING STRUCTURE
>>
>>1596245
+1 or design a cost effective project that is even remotely near the clients projected budget
>>
>>1596180
>So whats it like being gay?
gotta ask the civis, they are the all-fag community. we mostly hire eastern-euro babes for interior design and other feminine shit done at the office, project management is the male department though.
>>
>>1595667
I'm getting into architech school next year, the education is mostly drawing shit and making projects :D sounds fun.
And I can always make money some other ways :)
>>
>>1595953

Typical architect.

Meanwhile the steel fabricator is making 2x what you are.

OP I'd say structural engineering is probably a better choice.
>>
>>1596842
Are you just pretending to be retarded? You replied to a post talking about how shitty of a career architecture is, to inform the poster that it's a shitty career. You may just be pretending to be retarded, but it's clear that your faggotry is 100% legit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.