[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm lacking direction in life but I think I want to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (69KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 540x540px
I'm lacking direction in life but I think I want to get into a finance job. I think I'm intelligent enough and I don't want to squander it by being an indecisive prick when picking my major. Any advice /biz/?
>>
>>1595459
I'm in a similar boat except I'm graduating with a CS degree in December.
At some point I realized I don't want to be a code monkey and would rather work in finance or business, but I don't know where to go from here.
>>
my ledger desu
>>
>>1595466

the wonderful world of quants will be glad to have you

find quantitative trading firms, apply for jobs, get paid disgusting money for someone fresh out of college to watch code play the stock market

leave company for another once you find a better deal, skills carry over real easy and you've learned a bit about stocks now, so ur gonna find a less code-monkey job

develop actual marketable trading skills in new job

save money the whole time, live beneath means etc etc

stop wagecucking and go into business for yourself

Yeah, you're gonna need some work, but it's code work that directly relates to finance. You can pick it up bit by bit, save money, learn in your own time as well etc etc.

Hope you're good at interviews though.
>>
>>1596398
Are there actually entry-level trading/quant jobs for someone without a master's or any formal education in finance?
>>
>>1596398
>>1596715
yes there are some. I've been applying for a few. So far I haven't made it to an in person one yet.
They're quite selective. Or I'm just ass.
>>
>>1596715
there are for people for people with really fucking kickass resumes.
>>
>>1596398
Do you need to be good at math if you want to study finance?
>>
>>1596752
I'm not that guy.
But if you're trying to get a quant job. Absolutely 100%. Most of the interviews I've been part of are pretty challenging programming questions and math questions.
>>
>>1596754
Would you be willing to share a few questions you encountered, if you remember them?

I'm currently interviewing at different companies and want to see the types of interview questions that quants are asked.
>>
>>1596803
Best advice I can give you is to go to glassdoor and find quant firms. They have a lot of questions from real interviews.
Basically brush up on your algorithms, graphy theory, maybe some set stuff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.