[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If my a competitor comes to my business and says that they will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: obscura.jpg (15KB, 215x221px) Image search: [Google]
obscura.jpg
15KB, 215x221px
If my a competitor comes to my business and says that they will not start a sale on a product on the day that my business is going to begin selling the product, but then they proceed to do so, would that be considered promissory estoppel?

I'm really just curious how promissory estoppel could apply to business competition for a legal memo project I I need to choose a theme for.
>>
>>1594043
No, because you did not detrimentally rely on the promise. All you did is sell your product, which you were going to do anyway.

Besides, its likely the promise is unenforceable as against public policy anyway. The implicit price fixing and anti-competitive behavior likely precludes your equitable remedies regardless.
>>
>>1594043

Just call a couple business lawyers in your area. The first 5 minutes is free.

Sounds like it's war between you and another business owner. So go to war then.

I hate one of my competitors. I entered his data base and found a list of recent customers. Then emailed those customers telling them I had lower prices than the other anon. I'm rarely an unethical person but the other guy is a piece of shit.
>>
>>1594306
wow. I'm impressed anon
>>
>>1594204
thanks, that makes sense as far as where the reliance was.

>>1594306
I understand, I manage a record label because I love so competition isn't really something I care about, but when I further my entrepreneurship, I don't plan to make only 10% of what I invest and be ok with it, I plan to win.
>>
>>1594306
Tips on how to access competitors client database?
>>
>>1594316

haha yeah. I used to work for the guy too. He was such a piece of shit.

I started a company just like his but better.

The ultimate wage slaves revenge.
>>
>>1594323

Find an employee to give you a login and password.

Not a difficult task to accomplish, especially if you can find someone who was recently fired.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.