[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Work at Sears >Not great job but it's getting me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: angry jesus.jpg (18KB, 297x350px) Image search: [Google]
angry jesus.jpg
18KB, 297x350px
>Work at Sears
>Not great job but it's getting me through college
>My only condition on taking the job was not to work Sundays so I'd have a day to spend with my family/gf, as well as to catch up on schoolwork from previous week
>Check schedule for upcoming week
>10-hour shift on Sunday.
Should I call horseshit and request they call in someone else, or keep my head down?
>>
Call bullshit. Get the day off and take care of your life. Save all your work sacrifices for when you're at a place relevant to your career.
>>
>>1592019
Be a man/woman/helicopter and ask your boss why and remind them what you said. It could have been an honest mistake.
>>
>>1592019
>Sears

Chances they can get someone else. Best case scenario is you get fired and work some where better.
>>
>Sears
Weren't they bankrupt or something?
>>
>>1592019
why didn't you just lie and say you needed sunday off for religious reasons?
>>
>>1592019
Call bullshit or they'll keep doing it.

My employers tried that shit for a while, and I won. Eventually. I got my goddamn weekends back.
>>
>>1592242
They're in a bad way. The one I work at has four managers but only 8 cashiers.
>>
>>1592341
This. I left a note one time that said something to the effect of "I am not available to work [that day] as indicated by my availability but I am happy to wok any other day. Thank you for understanding." It'll help if you make it seem like you have a second job on that day too. Just stand up for yourself.
>>
>>1592019
This. Complaining or saying "no" to a schedule change either leads to them finding some other clod whose willing to work themselves to ruin or they fire you out right.
The first time you say you can't do it you might get a passive reply, but after that it's going to become an issue. Depending on the manager they will keep pushing for you to take a weekend shift.
Plus it's close to holiday season so expect them to use that as an excuse too.
Was "released" by my last job for the same shit (inconsistent scheduling/shifts).
Stick you heels in and be ready for them to give you some shit.
>>
>>1592019

Just tell management this is not what you agreed upon.

If they don't budge quit.

I had a table waiting job where they kept scheduling me for double shifts where I would work 12 - 14 hours in one day. No thanks. I quit.
>>
>>1592603
OP here. Talked with the manager about it, she was very polite and apologized, blamed it on an asst. manager that ignored my listed availability without calling to ask me first. Agreed to come in tomorrow on a shortened shift to cover other people's breaks, with understanding that I'm not available on future Sundays, period.

Thanks for convincing me to speak up about it, anons
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.