[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /biz/s opinion on IOT? I never see threads about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1475879849750.jpg (269KB, 1841x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475879849750.jpg
269KB, 1841x2048px
What's /biz/s opinion on IOT?
I never see threads about the investment opportunities.
And just yesterday the world's largest producer of NFC chips was acquired by Quallcom

And no mention of it
Why? I feel like IOT is one of the biggest frontiers available but no hype
>>
https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/qualcomm-to-buy-nxp-semiconductors-1477565063
>>
>>1591960
Have you checked out Samsung's household products? Very cool stuff. Checking the contents of your fridge while at the store is pretty cool. The problem is this stuff is very expensive, it will take a while to catch on. A fridge lasts many, many years. It's hard to convince many people to throw away something that works perfectly fine in favor of new technology.
>>
>>1591970
Yes I'm aware of this
But I think in the next 10 years the real money to make is in business to business transactions not consumers.

Things like micro chips in transit to help track supply chains
Connectivity in heavy equipment to ensure they get parts replaced when they need them. Not too late or too early.

These businesses would make money selling their products to other businesses in the immediate future.

There are definitely major problems limiting their exposure to the consumer market at present such as the lack of connectivity in some areas and the logistics of powering devices which are more mobile such as wearable tech. But I feel like long term investment in these businesses which really adopt this technology is a safe bet.
Companies like Samsung, Quallcom or Alphabet Inc
>>
>>1591988
Yes definitely a lot of possibilities in B2B. One example I like is this company Iron Mountain. If you have to keep lots of documents and records, they will store them for you. They send you boxes individually marked with an RFID tag, so when you need to retrieve docs say if you were subpoenaed, they are easily identified and retrieved. I've also heard of the Colorado pot industry using RFID to impliment seed-to-sale tracking of marijuana.
>>
Big security concerns right now, with mirai and all.
Though it is expanding pretty inevitably, I can't imagine it stagnating or dying out when interconnectivity is the future of tech.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.