[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best passive way to profit off of money that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 7917c347d20c1c4822350ca1e86ef3d6.gif (345KB, 1534x1153px) Image search: [Google]
7917c347d20c1c4822350ca1e86ef3d6.gif
345KB, 1534x1153px
What's the best passive way to profit off of money that I don't plan on spending? Index funds? High compound interest paying account? What's the highest and most realistic interest rate? What sort of account pays the highest compound interest? Thank you.
>>
Blue-chips
>>
>>1591487

Do you have a wealthy family member? If so, it may be best to invest with them. I work in banking and met a client that works for a private investment fund. They find and purchase small businesses and make them more profitable and had a great track record. Problem is, the minimum investment to get into the fund was $5 million. Luckily I have a rich uncle who was bitching about his current financial adviser, so I sent him info on the investment fund. He met with them and decided to invest $4.95 million with me tossing in the other $50,000. That was in March and so far we have an 18.26% return.
>>
>>1591698
>18.26% return
On paper.

Private equity is a good place for people with the ability to put some of their investment capital. The problem is that most people don't have the capital requirements. Also, most people aren't willing to commit securities fraud like your uncle, who has misrepresented that all the invested funds come from an Accredited Investor. (Maybe, and this is just a suggestion, maybe you should stop bragging to strangers about his securities law violations? I'm sure your uncle would prefer that you shut your mouth.)

Anyway, private equity investments are recorded at book value. Until the fund actually cashes out, don't spend any of those gains yet.
>>
>>1591487
High dividend stocks. That's all.
>>
kneepad futures
>>
>>1591487

I'm not telling you. :)

Seriously, why the hell are there so many people that come to these boards looking for financial advice when all it is, is a meme filled orgy of poor neets?
>>
>>1591487
give it to me
>>
>>1591487
It really depends on how soon you plan on spending your money.

If you have a big, set, expense coming up (like buying a house), then stick that money into CDs. This won't have a huge interest rate but you might be able to combat inflation with it.

If you don't plan on touching the money until retirement (and beyond), then consider a fairly diversified emerging market index. Don't go into mutual funds without looking at their hidden costs first.
>>
>>1591487
>What's the highest and most realistic interest rate?
I'd worry less about interest rates and worry more about how you do relative to the market.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.