[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know how to go about "selling" to a government

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1441780224990.jpg (408KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441780224990.jpg
408KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone know how to go about "selling" to a government agency?

Lets say I have an idea for a product/system that will greatly reduce freeway traffic and congestion. Implementing said system would require government approval because it would involve installing physical hardware alongside roadways as well as changing/improving some of the current shitty driving laws that are in place.

Do I just schedule a meeting with someone in charge at the US DOT (Dept of Transportation) and pitch the the product along with a price? I wouldn't be pitching them just an idea, I would be delivering them a completed, tested, and proven product that would be ready to be put to use as soon as they approve and buy it.

Patents would be filed prior tony of this happening obviously. Would this be the right way of approaching it? By going down to the main people in charge of this particular agency and trying to persuade them?
>>
>>1590298
Are you in America? Thinking of revamping the traffic system? Going against construction and material lobbies that have a vested interest in the status quo? Good luck.

Nothin' personal, kid
>>
>>1590305
So thats why no one has done this yet?
Well shit, I never really considered that possibility...

As far as I can tell, this product won't undermine any construction profits. I mean, if anything it will be good for construction companies because they can get paid to install it.
Unless the system works so good that the congested freeways that were scheduled to get expensive upgrades and lane widening no longer need it. Hmm. On second thought, you might be right about this.
I'll look into the whole construction lobby thing. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
>>
>>1590298

Bribes. Nepotism. Or favours to people that are greater than bribes could cover.
>>
>>1590322
if it changes anything then yes, you are going to step on somebodys toes
>>
>>1590298
There's probably an extremely formal process that you need lawyers and experience for. Maybe a marketing agency could help you? Look up contract law and contact a lawyer?
>>
Go to a transportation engineering firm and get consultation from them. With proper legal documents ensuring they can't steal your idea. Then create a model with your idea.

The government isn't going to sit down at some meeting if you have nothing to show
>>
>>1590298
If you own the patents and the only way to implement the idea then I think you're best bet is to go to the party in opposition in government -- you want your service to become the centerpiece on a debate about policy.

That's difficult, you'd need to team up with a PR/Lobby firm. You'd need to get your idea into the mouths of prominent journalists. You'd need to pony up a lot of cash... I'm thinking anywhere from 50-200k to get it through depending on where and what resistance you'd have to fight. The trick is that you're not only getting the Lobby firm to butter up the politicians, you're also selling the idea to the public through the PR campaign.

I think you want to focus on a specific town or city, almost like a pilot program. Far more manageable.

That also allows you to circumnavigate >>1590305 because even though politicians are scared of unions, when push comes to shove they'll fuck up their relationship with the union if it gets them into office.

You also need to look at allies: are there any businesses that would benefit. Large industries? Transportation companies?
What about Tesla and Google and their plans for automated cars - does your idea help them?

Good Luck.
>>
>>1590298
>reduce freeway traffic and congestion.

do you really think that no one has figured out how to do this before? they want traffic and congestion. most likely because it burns fuel and keeps people feeling powerless and dull.
>>
>>1590298
Tip from a man that's uncle sells materials to NH department of transportation.
First have a necessity that everyone needs like metal, pavement, wood etc. Be a donor (at least 10k) to a local politician that is running for executive council (NH's officials that cover DOT) you know will win and request to speak to them. Tell them about the business you provide. Literal pay to play
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.