[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I worked at a warehouse for 2 days and made 215 because I worked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I worked at a warehouse for 2 days and made 215 because I worked 26 hours. I quit because the work conditions were miserable and the managers were basically nonexistent. Should I file this w-2 on my taxes or should I risk it and leave it out? I'll have made around 6k from my current job by the end of the year (only started in july) and I don't want to lose a fuck ton of money off of my tax return because of that miserable job.
>>
You filled out a W4, didn't you? If you filled out a W4 and you're getting a W2, they've already collected their taxes. All the taxes they take on your gross under 10k is just returned, basically.

They've already taken the money, they'll give it back when you file it on your 1040ez.
>>
>>1590283

Don't file it.

The IRS is gonna give zero fucks about $215.

> my brother worked for the IRS
>>
I was in a similar situation a few years back and I got fined like 200 bucks because I didn't report a job that I worked for two weeks.
>>
>>1590296
I lost money on my last tax return because I filed a w2 from a job where I only worked 14 hours. It brought 700 down to 610
>>
File: 1475108708898.jpg (21KB, 473x315px) Image search: [Google]
1475108708898.jpg
21KB, 473x315px
>>1590283
You have to consider earned income credit and other tax credits. If the 215 puts you over the limit then don't report it.
>>
>>1590283

Never fuck with the tax man, just do the paperwork and go on your merry way
>>
>>1590283
You can request a wages and account transcript from the IRS which will list out every single reported income source.

You should do this every year before filing in case there is income that you were unaware of.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.