[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I failed out of Engineering and didn't want to bo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1372029416590.jpg (40KB, 316x311px) Image search: [Google]
1372029416590.jpg
40KB, 316x311px
Well, I failed out of Engineering and didn't want to bother with CS since it's impacted at cal poly pomona. I decided to just slowly kill myself and I heard accounting is good at that. Does CPP have a good accounting program? Here's the curriculum: https://www.cpp.edu/~cba/accounting/curriculum/course-descriptions.shtml

I was thinking of CIS, but I heard that the jobs that CIS offers are either taken by engineers, CS majors, or just outsourced. How's the accounting job market? I don't care about working with the "big 4" or whatever the number is. I just want a job that pays 50~k a year so that I can at least live comfy by myself.
>>
>>1589330
I'm an ex accounting and finance recruiter and would recommend it if you like being depressed and having no meaning in life. Its a shit career path to be honest and doesn't pay amazing but around average have you thought about digital marketing
>>
File: giphy.gif (307KB, 488x266px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
307KB, 488x266px
>>1589330
>Well, I failed out of Engineering
Literally happened to me this week as well.
I contemplate seppuku when I see my engineering friends that are doing well.
I feel your pain.
>>
>>1589330
acct is basically as boring as finance. I'm doing both and long for death. Hopefully I get a job. If you like it there is definitely money to be made.

The biggest problem is everyone I talked to so far seems to want further accreditation while you work for them, CPA and other shit. Grad programs that go for 18 months.

Im a useless cunt with moderate intelligence, If you can read and understand and apply boring shit you can do accounting.

The trick is to not long for death lol.
>>
Why did you guys fail out of engineering and what type was it?

I'm going to be a freshman in EE next year.
>>
>>1589330
>>1589344
dont feel too bad boys, I finished engineering over 2 years ago and still dont have a job rofl. suffering from depression hasnt helped my chances of finding work however
>>
File: 1453618516881.jpg (68KB, 479x370px)
1453618516881.jpg
68KB, 479x370px
>>1589393
Mechanical and aerospace.
My school will kick you out of the engineering college if you don't maintain a 2.8 GPA.
I was a B student so normally at a 3.0, I got all C's for two semesters which put me on academic probation.
Currently two B's and a C for this semester.
Just messed up on my last exam so mathematically I'm getting booted at the end of this semester.
>>
>>1589393
>>1589422
Oh and my school separates your "Engineering GPA," your "General GPA," and Cumulative GPA.
You get booted from engineering if your engineering GPA dips.
General GPA is a 4.0 btw
Cumulative is like 3.5 or something, haven't checked it lately.
>>
File: WkHXuFd.jpg (47KB, 480x453px) Image search: [Google]
WkHXuFd.jpg
47KB, 480x453px
>>1589422

Why do they kick you out? Don't they want your shekels?
>>
>>1589393

Couldn't handle intro to electrical engineering and physics, so I realized at that moment that it would just get harder, so I didn't bother wasting my time. Furthermore, I didn't enjoy learning the material. Funny thing is that I went up to differential equations in Maths.
>>
>>1589464
Computer engineering was the major.
>>
File: 1477434734953.jpg (854KB, 1280x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1477434734953.jpg
854KB, 1280x1912px
>>1589422
>>1589330
Lmao Ryan is that you? Don't worry, when I eventually fuck up at CS I'll go into accounting too :^)
>>
>>1589422
What university? Just curious.
>>
>>1589464
>>1589465
Hmm I'm in HS as a senior right now and I'm having trouble with AP physics, which is the first class I've ever had trouble with, calculus is easy.

Is physics a big part of EE?
>>
>>1589599
Physics is huge in any engineering discipline. If you're not good at it now you'll really need to put in the time to get good at it once you're in university.

I learned the hard way.
>>
>>1589599
No it is not. For Electrical Engineering you'll have three or so pure physics classes - something like intro to modern physics, statics and dynamics (as a common course), and solid state physics. Your electrical engineering courses will not involve physics theory much, more like - apply this formula. Electromagnetics will have some derivations but again, its applied, not pure physics. So relax, look up "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway/Jewett and youll be good to go.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.