[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic unrelated I'm 22, I've never owned a credit card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: trv.jpg (338KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
trv.jpg
338KB, 1500x1000px
pic unrelated

I'm 22, I've never owned a credit card because I've never trusted myself with one. I now feel like I need one to help extend my purchasing power in the event of an emergency. Could anybody recommend a good first credit card? Not sure if this board pertains to the topic or not.
>>
Bumping as well, because I'm 22, and have zero credit. In fact, I know I owe a couple hundred dollars for an unpaid ER visit when I didn't have health insurance.

...AND I need to get 10k in loans from wells fargo within the year for education.
>>
>>1589110
Hey props to you for having the courage to take out loans, those terrify me as well.
>>
>>1589111
No fee card would be good. Get one from your bank

More importantly, I suggest paying it off weekly. Wayyyy too easy to rack up a balance you can't pay off on time and then you get nailed with interest for months
>>
>>1589100

You guys need a CC.

> no fees
> protection from theft/fraud
> 2% cash back at the end of the year
> you build your credit score which can be used to get a loan

It's literally free money and protection. No reason to use a debit card.
>>
Your bank probably offers a "student" credit card with a low credit limit (couple hundred dollars) that you can get even with no credit history.

Use that for a few months and be sure to pay off your balance in full each month. After maybe 4-5 months apply for a basic cash rewards type card. In my experience, it's easier to get approved for credit cards offered by the bank that you have checking/savings accounts with.
>>
I was in the same spot. a year ago. I applied for a secured card.
(your limit is the amount of money you put into the "savings account" up front)
Pretty sure anyone who applies can get it (seeing as the lender doesnt really take any risk, if you dont pay they just keep the money you put aside at the start) and you get your money back when you close the account.
It has a really high interest rate, but if you pay it off in full monthly that doesn't matter much.
Additionally, because they are designed to help someone in exactly this position I believe they report to the credit agencies monthly.

hope this helped.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.