[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hit rock bottom and lost everything. Anyone ever gone through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I hit rock bottom and lost everything. Anyone ever gone through this pain? How did you get out?
>>
>>1588989
I shot myself
>>
>>1588989
I went back to work as a waiter until I paid off my debt and got some cash saved up, then gave it another go.
>>
i had surgery and became a woman, started life anew
>>
>>1589005

do waiters really make a shit ton of money?
>>
>>1589013
Pretty hard to beat for the low barrier to entry and flexibility. I could pick up extra shifts all the time. Could make 700-800 per week on average, and best week at that restaurant was almost a grand. Of course in fine dining you can be pushing 6 figures, but that's a lot more work.
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (24KB, 480x360px)
donald-trump.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I retained my shit eating grin and obnoxious persona, made a dreadful reality TV show, refused to pay income tax for almost two decades and now I'm running for president.
>>
File: based Rhino.gif (2MB, 320x214px)
based Rhino.gif
2MB, 320x214px
>>1588989

January 2016.

Grillfriend of 5 years kicked me out of condo, kept all the furniture and electronics I had bought, sold my $1k Bluray collection and $500 book collection and didn't give me a dime of a join savings account.

I could take her to civil court since I have receipts for everything but I decided to literally start over with nothing and see what I could/had accomplished in one year.

So far I'm in a much better place mentally, emotionally and live in a super nice house in a super nice part of town.

The savings set me back, I'm only at $1,200 after car repairs and new furniture; the Blurays and books I won't replace, just get for free via piracy.

Don't let the fall break you, senpai.

Get up and start climbing the LADDAH.
>>
>>1589024

> girlfriend
>joint savings account

Wew lad you deserve it for being an idiot
>>
>>1589037

I had horrible credit seven years ago and no bank or credit union would touch me; now it's all been written off and I'm getting credit card offers out the ass.

I only had about $500 in there.

She was good to me until the very end so I let her have it.
>>
>>1589024
>girlfriend
>joint savings account
retard
>>
>>1589018
>paying income tax

that shit is for plebs
>>
>>1589037
>>1589044

Damn, you guys are more salty than I was.

We were attempting to rebuild her credit hence the joint saving account.

But I do understand where you guys are coming from; I will never trust anyone with my money ever again unless.
>>
>>1588989
I was down, down. A couple hundred k in debt from some failed businesses. A couple properties with equity I couldnt tap into without selling them for a lot less than I originally paid.

>family all telling me to go get a job
>stop trying to create a business
>you had a good run, sell your properties, take your losses and move on

It was depressing that everyone thought I was just lucky. Not luck with a little skill, but just pure luck and that my luck ran out.

I beg, borrowed, and stole my way out financial hell. I sold everything I owned that I could sell. I went through my house and would go
>should I sell this and try to start a new business
>or should i let the banks take my house and live in my car with this object in the backseat

I realized everyone I ever did favors to would not repay them. Its the thing where people thank you, say if you ever need help theyll be there, they got your back, but then you fall on hard times and they wont help. It makes me wonder sometimes. Im clearly different than all of them because I wouldnt treat people like that. Either I had too much empathy or they didnt have enough.

It was a good experience and left me changed for the better at the expense that I had pieces of myself destroyed through the process. Pieces like beliefs I held, things that I thought defined me, flawed ways of thinking.

Sometimes horrible stuff is the catalyst for change. Sometimes you lose and theres no way out though so I dunno. If anybody else can do you, you can do it.
>>
I went to music school

Now im a tradesman

:/
>>
>>1589076
did you get out of it? this is closest to what I'm going through except also got dumped
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.