[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, a fatal accident at a local amusement park just killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: ss+(2016-10-26+at+02.38.19).png (23KB, 668x476px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-26+at+02.38.19).png
23KB, 668x476px
Hey /biz/, a fatal accident at a local amusement park just killed 4 people. Tragic, but their shares dropped by 8% and will probably fall further.

I'm thinking that these are good shares to buy, because the actual value of the business has only suffered a short term hit. This is sad, but it will fade from the news cycle and people won't give a shit. We see it happen all the time in the tourism industry. Bad press hurts in the short term but if you can tough it out, and so long as there's nothing seriously wrong with your business (Dreamworld has been around for literally decades, so I think probably not) you'll bounce back.

What does /biz/ think?

This is all hypothetical. I have no money in shares and almost certainly won't buy these ones, but I'm just practicing my brain.
>>
>>1586500

park might have to shut down for a while, possibly permanently, recovery might last years, who knows.

the global economy is in the shitter at the moment, although the ozzies expect to jolt their economy back to 3% growth in 2017, so the population may gain more disposable income and the company can go back to a pre-2015 path.

probably good time to invest, maybe, with short term dips in the future that you're gonna have to weather out.
>>
>>1586500
As learned from the lessons playing roller coaster tycoon when I was 8 years old, time and increased advertising overcome deaths that are incurred from fauly rides.

This should be a solid buy, as long as you believe there is no more room on he downside.
>>
>>1586500

you're sick trying to profit from the death of 4 kids
>>
>>1586520
>park might have to shut down for a while, possibly permanently
Doubt it. DreamWorld is a major park and gets routinely investigated by the regulator all the time. The ride itself is 3 decades old and has never had anything like this happen. Unless there's an industry-government conspiracy going on this can't be more than a freak accident. DreamWorld had to shut down a ride in that section of the park a few years back (it was old and uneconomical to refurbish) and it doesn't seem to have hurt them. My thinking is that the underlying value of the business hasn't actually gone down, it'll just take a while for customers to regain confidence (or, more cynically, forget about the dead people) and come back.

>>1586525
>This should be a solid buy, as long as you believe there is no more room on he downside.
If I were to buy I'd wait for it to bottom out and the media coverage to lull first. There'll probably be a few days before it fades, and then I'd buy. I'd sell before the (inevitable) inquiry results are released and the CEO gets strung up, but that's years away.

>>1586529
Everybody wants to be rich, but nobody's willing to sell their soul.
>>
>>1586500
>>1586535

can you somehow gain access to their daily visitor numbers?

if the market overreacted, we should expect

visitors_before*value_before/value_before < visitors_now/value_now

of course, it might be a week until we can gather statistically significant metrics..
>>
>>1586561
Not a chance, unfortunately.
>>
>>1586500
Yes. Look at every major company with some sort of scandal. The market always overreacts, and how often do they go out of business? I've yet to see it.
>>
File: alton.jpg (59KB, 660x493px) Image search: [Google]
alton.jpg
59KB, 660x493px
Your best comparison is an accident which happened in the UK's Alton Towers theme park, where one rollercoaster fucked up and led to legs getting amputated from a couple of riders and other injuries.

You can see here what the impact was, how long it went down for, and how much it recovered by.
>>
>>1586529
People die. Your gonna die, I'm gonna die. We are ALL going to die. Stop being a reactionary little faggot and accept it.
>>
>>1586500
>DreamWorld
This is fking done. http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/at-least-four-people-injured-after-serious-dreamworld-incident/news-story/ab194466f5fd49e1e1c17e5468bbbd47

This is the worst shit i have ever seen the park will get totally boycut.
>>
The question is, how do you get the news of the accident before the shares dropped
>>
>>1586673
The accident actually occurred on June 2 so you're being misleading. Merlin was fined 15m pounds for that accident.
I don't see Ardent getting fined more than $10m. Plus Ardent is diversified with good life health centres and White Water world.

In anticipation of a further dip I've put in 2 buy orders: 2.15 and 2.

Market opens soon, wish me luck
>>
>>1586867
Just hang out there every day.
>>
>>1586525
>As learned from the lessons playing roller coaster tycoon when I was 8 years old
All good business advice begins with this exact phrase.
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>1586529
>>
File: Hugrats.jpg (90KB, 513x616px) Image search: [Google]
Hugrats.jpg
90KB, 513x616px
>>1587124
I posted in another ASX thread, but relevant here too.

This morning I got in at $1.88 and just sold at $2.2. After brokerage that's a 16.8% return. I'm a happy chap.

>>1586529
Correction: profiting off the market's overreaction reaction to the death of 4 adults.

Still feels a bit cheeky though
>>
>>1587124
>I don't see Ardent getting fined more than $10m
Wait, why?
>>
File: CkdRzgRUkAAcVfC.jpg (268KB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
CkdRzgRUkAAcVfC.jpg
268KB, 1333x2000px
>>1586529

just go for it!
>>
There's going to be legal action from everyone involved as well as fines from regulatory bodies.
The share price has only begun to drop. Watch over the next 6 months.
>>
>>1587378
>>1587405
Last year Alton Towers had the Smiler crash where 5 people had serious injuries, another dozen had minor ones. After determining that the crash was human error, AT was fined 5m pounds.

A girl died on a ride at the Royal Adelaide Show in 2014 and they were fined $3m AUD.

Using Merlin Entertainment (the owners of AT) as an example, I think AAD will recover from the recent crash in the next couple of weeks, but slowly suffer in the coming month because people will be less confident in Dreamworld rides.
>>
>>1586529
This.
Fuck off OP, those shares are MINE
you sick fuck..
>>
>>1586500
>share price at 2.35 AUD
>2.35 AUD
>a good buy

neck yourself
>>
>>1586500
There will most certainly be legal action taken against the business in the future. Luckily I called my broker to enter a short position as soon as ppl had their faces degloved.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.