[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work at joint retirement home >one side for the wealthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: nursing-home.jpg (44KB, 468x400px) Image search: [Google]
nursing-home.jpg
44KB, 468x400px
>work at joint retirement home
>one side for the wealthy
>one side for social security fags who barely have $10 to their name
I swear, you go see how these people live and how miserable they are, you'll bump your 401k. The rich side has 24 hour nursing care. The poor side has a group of chain smokers who buy shitty cigarettes with what they have left over. These people literally park their wheelchair facing a wall and chain smoke. No talking to one another, just stare at the wall and burn one after another. I have a theory that the women on the rich side, where i work, married into money. The women on the poor side were too ugly to find a husband, scooting around with the one foot they have left, desperate for someone to talk to. These people are literally waiting to die so they can stop being such a burden.
Just a bit of insight on why saving for retirement matters.
>>
>>1585098
Any son who puts his mother and father in one of those places deserves to die. They raise you into what you are today, and you're just going to dump them in a care home. That's some bullshit, "burden", go fuck yourself OP, they're not burdens, their children are.
>>
>in a retirement home

Both sides have lost already
>>
>>1585107
I get where you're coming from, but how can you care for someone 24/7 if you have kids yourself to look after and need to hold down a job ect

It sometimes has to be done for practical reasons
>>
File: MMr3H.jpg (211KB, 799x1086px) Image search: [Google]
MMr3H.jpg
211KB, 799x1086px
>>1585107

It might as well be a form of purgatory. I'd hope any kid of mine would have the good sense to put me out of my misery given the option.
>>
>>1585111
My Grandparents were retired and all my Aunts and Uncles were married with their own kids. They just threw my Great-Grandma in a nursing home.

Even if you're busy with a career and family of your own, there is home health care. There is nobody that wants to be put in a prison and taken out of their home, then lied to on monthly visits for 10-20 years about how they will be back home when they "get better" until they die.
>>
>>1585107
Most that I've met and talked to don't have kids. Plus i was speaking in their perspective. These people seriously did not give a single fuck in their life. Never cared about a 401k or their health. I estimate 1 in 10 people on the poor side lost a foot to diabetes. I see where you're coming from though. It's just part of middle class culture. You don't see that kind of shit in Asian or European countries.
>>
>>1585098
They're both dying and invalid though

It's like poetry
>>
>>1585221
The rich side is far form invalid. They constantly have private parties and family reunions here on site. They get along great with one another. I watched two women in the resident smoking area fight over the cigarette butt i had put in the tray. I'll see one ask another for a cig and they will stone fact say "no".
>>
>>1585098
I'm reminded of that species in star trek whose people kill themselves at 60 so as to avoid becoming invalids and burdening the youth with caring for them. Not a bad custom imo.
>>
>>1585254
Rich people don't end up in nursing homes. Stop inferring to the lower middle class as the rich side.
>>
>>1585266

60 is far from invalid. My Great-Grandmother was able to care of herself until she was 80. Invalidity is also subjective and would be subject to all ages under that custom. There are people of all ages that can't take care of themselves because they're too caught up in drugs, gangs, being a dindu, etc..
>>
>>1585295
They're well off compared to next door. The wealthier side has a 300k entrance fee just to reserve an apartment.
>>
>>1585300
>60 is far from invalid.
That's the point; to die before becoming invalid. While it's true that there are useless cunts of all ages, as you get older it only gets worse generally.
>>
>>1585316
>as you get older it only gets worse generally.
Speaking of which; half of all medical costs are incurred in the last 6 months of life. Basically we waste a lot of effort trying to keep people who are almost dead alive.
>>
>>1585108
2nd post is best post. That's really the nightmare scenario no matter how you slice it and really a violation of natural laws. If you can't feed, move or clean yourself it's time to leave the planet. Period. We've fucked up as a species with this biz, there should be better alternatives like massive opiate overdose or something. I heard the Japs just send their old people into the forest to die or something but that might be rare.
>>
>>1585331
Our hospice is a fucking sadistic joke compared to other countries.
>>
I'm 21; ageing is going to be cured long before I get to the point when I would otherwise need nursing home care.

I'm going to be forever young.

Enjoy getting old, plebs.
>>
>>1585480
I'm 21 as well, and I don't know what the fuck you're smoking, but I want some.

Our generation is more concerned with defeating racism and wage gaps than cancer or aging.
>>
File: 1435620181594.jpg (242KB, 940x528px) Image search: [Google]
1435620181594.jpg
242KB, 940x528px
>>1585482

> implying normies would ever do anything significant
>>
>>1585098
That's it? I thought you'd have a plan ripping off the rich people waiting to die, if someone should take them money it should be the one that takes care of them, quit being a fucking goofball and getting sentimental over menial crap and start grabbing on opportunities.
>>
>>1585098
That made me sad as fuck
>>
>>1585520
I've been wanting to seduce a widow.
>>
>>1585480
Keep dreaming, people have been saying the same thing for decades.
>>
OP, if they fight over a busted ass cigarette butt, imagine how hard they'd fight for a couple hundred dollars.

YouTube NAOW!
>>
>work your ass off while young and waste your life being unable to do fun shit because you're wageslaving 60 hours a week
>so you can be slightly less miserable when you're a crippled old fuck in horrible pain and on ten different meds

My retirement savings is a bullet at 85. I worked in retirement homes, I would never want to live in one. Dead serious I'd sooner eat lead.

>>1585312
>300k entrance fee

Holy fuck what a business plan.

>>1585482
>more concerned with defeating racism and wage gaps than cancer or aging

Feels bad man. I was promised mars colonies and a cure for all disease and aging. I got feminuts and blm chimpouts instead. What a shitty planet.
>>
We had to put my dad in a nursing home when his brain cancer got bad enough. He was a large man, 6'2" 230 and for the last year or so couldn't walk. We needed the lift that the nursing home had to get him out of bed. The last day he was home he crapped in the bath tub. That was the last incident that made us realize he's becoming too far gone.

I can't imagine what it would be like to slowly lose the ability to think. To not be able to speak or read.
>>
>>1586357

If there's a worse way to go than slowly losing the ability to trust your own mind, I don't know it.
>>
>>1585098
I don't think I can bump it any further, my retirement savings is 80% of my pay.
>>
>>1586408
You live on 20% of your income?
>>
>>1586357
This is why i don't give a fuck about old age or retirement (at least that late in the game)

My granddad has lost his mind from dementia and it's heartbreaking, never want to be in that position myself.
>>
>>1586915
I hear that shut runs in the family. No lie, if it happens to me, I'm offing myself.
>>
Yeah, except you forgot the fact that dementia strikes them both so it doesn't matter if you're rich, what matters is if your mind goes.

t. also worked at a retirement home
>>
>>1586929
I've seen too many people succumb to strokes and Alzheimers. I'll put a bullet in my brain if I ever can't remember my own name.
>>
>>1586929
Yeah. No one else in my family has had it though. Plus he's in his 80s and old age is going to fuck you over no matter what really.
>>
>>1586357
>The last day he was home he crapped in the bath tub
Better than the bed, floor or pants all the time. Mine wasn't that big but almost threw my back out trying to pick him up after he fell over, starting falling over all the time and couldn't get up, brain degeneration disease. So yeah, no he lives in the home with a hoist, can barely think clearly anymore and sleeps most of the time in his wheelchair. It could go on for years. Saddest part is he tried to kill himself before this all went down seeing the inevitable but failed. Now there is no choice which is probably the worst part of it all. Compared to his nursing home cell mates though he has it pretty good, some are clinically insane, most of his waking hours are probably spent wanting to kill some of them.

I guess they are a good investment from a biz standpoint, hire Filipinos to do the grunt work but looks like most of the boomers are going to be flat broke. Weird world.
>>
>>1585107
It depends on the family situation. My great grandmother was moved to a nursing home shortly before she turned 90. My grandparents couldn't take care of her because they were in their late 60s and their house had too many stairs. You gotta realize that after a point where people can't basically take care of themselves they need a lot more help than you can give them at home in order to live good lives. Now, you stick your relatives in a shitty home that's shitty, but there are good places you can put them and there's nothing wrong with that, though it does cost money.

You also have to figure on the individual needs and wants of the person. Some old folks don't want to live with their kids. They want to live "alone" (or as alone as possible when you really can't live alone) and homes can give them a personal space very much like an apartment. You have to look at the means and desires of each individual person before you judge them like that.
>>
>>1586948
You ever think of helping him along the way?
>>
>>1585480

Every young faggot says this.

And then the end of their long life is spent alone, defecating on yourself in a facility with other dying corpses.
>>
The ability to ponder our own mortality is truly saddening.
>>
File: psykotic cat.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
psykotic cat.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
>stuck in a wheelchair in a retirement home
>can literally shitpost and play vidya all day long
>mfw people here think that's hell
>>
>>1586931
True. But your wealth defines your level of care. Should your mind become shot you're either dying with dignity or in your room on lockdown.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.