[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Sup /biz/, fagg/o/t here. I am in need of advice as to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7811.png (209KB, 332x341px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7811.png
209KB, 332x341px
'Sup /biz/, fagg/o/t here. I am in need of advice as to what to do with a settlement I am getting.

I am just waiting for the judge to sign the settlement money and well I am a bit anxious for a couple of reasons.

I want to spend some of the money into paying my whole aviation career that's a bit expensive. Which goes for around $120K.

I have heard of some companies that give you money right of the bat for your settlement. It sounds fishy to me, but I guess that's why I am asking here whether things like J.G. Wentworth are a good deal.

After that, I still have plenty of money left, the $120K is just a fraction of the full amount, but I would also like to know what would be the best way to make your money grow.

I appreciate the imput.

Pic semi-related.
>>
Asking for financial advice on 4chan is like taking medical advice from strangers. Talk to a lawyer or financial planner.
>>
>>1584837
I've seen people give legit advice here. I need a fresh non-biased point of view.
>>
>>1584880
First teach me how to get a baller settlement like yours.
>>
>>1584749
Don't use JG Wentworth. You are better off just waiting for the money. I also have a settlement I'm receiving. You always get more money if you wait and you'll probably end up with 120000 in 5 years anyway. Of course in order to know for sure how much you are missing out on by getting 120000 immediately you'd have to do some math. In general it's always better to wait for the full amount.
>>
>>1584749
Ghetto lottery?
>>
>>1584749
>aviation career
So you're going to study, if I understand correctly?

What's the approximate interest rate on study loans?
>>
>>1584923
Medical malpractice, a person I loved died because of a poorly executed surgery. Not really baller m8, but it was the only compensation offered, I wanted their fucking medical licenses taken away.

>>1584936
So you never get the full amount from the settlement? I have no clue as to what to expect, but I really want to have $120K for my school.

>>1585018
The loan interest is pretty high, I end up paying $184K. Unfortunately my credit is not good enough to even get a loan for the aviation school and my co-signer is well... dead.
>>
>>1584749
Time value of money bro. If you go through JG Wentworth they'll give you a fraction of what your settlement is worth. You need to look up is the present value of your annuity then compare that to what jg jewworth is paying you for it, go with the highest number.
>>
>>1585365
You might be eager to cash out an annuity. J.G. Wentworth may be willing to help you out, but it will retain a portion of your payout in return. The total amount it pockets is called the "effective discount rate," which includes all its fees, and can total 9 percent to 15 percent or more.

Does aviation school expect you to pay everything upfront? Don't you pay per semester or year? Your settlement comes monthly I'd assume so if you saved it up for a year you should be able to start aviation school and make the payments as they come.
>>
>>1585365
It's actually quite sad that you have to pay to go to school. We have a free, public flight school here, but I'm not sure they accept non-European foreigners.

There's also a private school just near me that I know of, which cost around $100k. But again, I'm not sure whether or not non-Eu citizens are eligible for a student loan here, but if you are the interest rate is around 1,8%.

The school expects you to pay a quarter of the full price before each semester
http://www.pilotflightacademy.com/price-and-funding/
>>
>>1584749
>I guess that's why I am asking here whether things like J.G. Wentworth are a good deal.
maybe you should take a look at the interest rate J G Wentworth gives you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.