[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to achieve financial independence? I'm 25, luckily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: nedflanderspray.gif (66KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nedflanderspray.gif
66KB, 480x270px
How to achieve financial independence?

I'm 25, luckily I have practically no debts. I worked a stupid job for 2 years out of college, and just now got a new job in sales. It's for a software company and could be great if I learn how to sell but it'll never be enough for total independence.

Right now making 36k before comission, if I factor in commission I can be making upwards of 50k per year.

What I want though, is to not have to work. I want to have residual income that allows me to do what I want within a reasonable budget.

Ideally I would like to invest or do something that allows me to live off of $40k to $50k in dividends each year. A modest life but completely doable. Plus I'd be able to work and make even more.

I don't know how to do this hence my posting here. Although I'm only 25, I realized now that I was a retard in college and should've majored in something I can actually make money in. That's why I'm in sales now (not a biz major) trying to make money.

I just don't want to work my whole life and never have enough money. I want to be able to fully enjoy life, I'd like to learn an instrument, or learn how to paint. I truly want to be more creative and artistic, and I think the only way to do this is to be independently wealthy.

What stocks should I invest in? How much should I save up before investing? I already have $4,000 in chevron or something, and another 4,000 in a 401k from my old job. Should I try to get into real estate?
>>
File: bizlit2.jpg (2MB, 2845x1682px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit2.jpg
2MB, 2845x1682px
Educate yourself.
>>
>>1582726
>What I want though, is to not have to work
Wow here we fucking go again. Every other thread on this goddamn board...
>>
>>1582833

dubs of truth but for real. I want to do meaningful work, for sure. I want to feel fulfilled in life.

But I would like the ability to either not have to, or to have the money to invest in learning a new, highly valuable, skill.
>>
>>1582726
OK so basically mate what you are asking is that you want to live off the money paid from dividends from a stock portfolio. You said you want 50k a year just from dividends. Now let's say you get an average dividend payment of around 7 percent a year from your portfolio. So if that is the case and this is not counting in taxes you would need to pay and also the economic markets ups and downs you would need a portfolio worth around 714285.71 so yeah mate try and work to get that much saved an invested in decent high dividend yield companies and you are all good.

On a serious note If you really want to get to near that and it won't be easy I would save up like 10k and day trade that and try to earn a 3% return each week so you can earn around 300 a week (not taking into account taxes and shit) and reinvest this money into your fund.

You have a lot to learn mate. Like have you even taken into account how much buying a house would influence you building your portfolio.
>>
>>1582726
You should just become a lurker on the stock market.
Invest (large) in a stock, Wait patiently for the right moment, When it's the right moment get your profit and reinvest in a stock again and wait patiently again, And so on.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.