[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey fellows, I made a thread about this a while ago but things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: deathbed.jpg (140KB, 860x608px) Image search: [Google]
deathbed.jpg
140KB, 860x608px
Hey fellows, I made a thread about this a while ago but things have changed a bit

Who knows anything about viral/online marketing?

I currently have 200 iron-on patches I designed that I'm selling on an online store. The day I opened, one of the biggest patch makers on Instagram was kind enough to give me a shout out and that got me a good round of sales. Now business has pretty much completely tapered off, and I can't seem to bring it back.

Secondary question: is selling these on the street feasible, you think? Anyone know how I could go about it?
>>
>>1581838
Send free patches to reviewers.
>>
>>1581841
I did shoot some emails to a few fashion Instagram accounts with no responses, but I have no idea if there are any places that review patches, let alone what their names are
>>
>>1581838
How many sales did you get? Not revenue wise, but how many customers total?
>>
>>1581968
Eight customers, made back ~40% of my manufacturing costs
>>
>>1581969
I would recommend using Facebook's advertising platform to sell your product but I honestly do not know how big the community is for iron on patches. If it is something that does not scale, it will not be worth pursuing.
>>
>>1581972
It's pretty big on Instagram specifically, 100k+ follower accounts and people making livings off their stores

I'm not looking for that level of success but at least enough to make back my production costs

I put $25 in a 7-day sponsored Insta post and so far $6.06 has been spent for two clicks and no purchases
>>
shill them on /k/
they have regular patch threads
>>
>>1581983
I have, they're typically only interested in a) velcro-backed patches and b) only patches that have something to do with guns, trump, nationalism, or anime

/fa/ has been more promising and supportive of my designs, but still only one sale from there

The next design I'm going to make is a lot more relevant to both /fa/ and /k/'s interests but I need to make my manufacturing money back before I can order it
>>
>>1581979
Ok, well here is how I would do it. I am not familiar with your particular niche but I see really stupid shit sell like hot cakes through Facebook so it wouldn't surprise me if some gimmicky/novelty iron on patch would do very well.

I don't know how knowledgeable you are on the topic of internet marketing but you basically want to setup a Facebook/Instagram ad campaign that is optimized for conversions. This means that Facebook will use their algorithm to target people that are likely to buy. It gets this information from the "conversions" (orders/sales). It learns and becomes more efficient the more sales you get.

It's usually pretty rough to start out blind like this because obviously you will have zero conversion data. A good way to get around this is to use Facebook's "lookalike audience" tool which constructs an audience you can target your ads to based on data that you give Facebook.

So the data you have right now is 8 customers. You would give Facebook those 8 email addresses and Facebook would match those email addresses up with the user. So now it has 8 data points to work with. Obviously there is no point in targeting customers you already sold to which is why this function is called lookalike - because it will generate an audience that is similar (looks like) to the audience you gave it.

The issue is that for a lookalike audience, you need at least 100, and it's usually better to have more. So you should find a way to get at least 100 sales so you have some data to give Facebook's ad platform.
>>
>>1581997
Wow, thanks so much for this! I wasn't aware of this system. I'm ready to get cut-throat, if I make it 100 sales

I'm still open to any advice from anyone
>>
>>1582000
No problem. Just remember, if you actually want to make money, and not just scrape by with the occasional sale on Etsy or some shit, then Facebook/Instagram is your best bet. All those years of data harvesting wasn't for no reason. It allows their advertisers to create advertising campaigns that are very efficient. You will never come close to what Facebook can offer on other ad networks such as Google Adwords/Bing or native advertising networks - so I would not recommend you waste your time there.
>>
Another bump
>>
>>1582008
seconding this facebook advertising done well has the potential to be extraordinarily cheap per sale

[spoiler]send me your patch I want to have a look [email protected][/spoiler]
>>
>>1582291
Sent ;)
>>
And if I could get any advice on street vending, I'd really appreciate it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.