[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else concerned that hundreds of billions are being made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

anyone else concerned that hundreds of billions are being made by hackers every year and virtually none of them are ever being prosecuted.

Case:
Account fraud
>Fraud costs the UK up to £193bn per year, reports says - Financial Times

>literally 0 people jailed in the UK for account fraud over 100k GBP

>99-95% no charge or conviction for under 10k GBP

The cost is just passed onto the average person, micro charging each citizen...

The USA is into the trillions and again has less that 50 people convicted, and nothing like the amount needed to pay the bill these guys racked up.
>>
I wouldn't say I'm concerned as much as I am envious and wish I could do the same thing without getting caught
>>
>>1581534
I cry about this every day.

People make SO FUCKING MUCH and I keep missing out. No more. No fucking more
>>
>>1581536
Now is the time to change.

We're going to fucking do this. There's no point living as poorfags anylonger.
>>
>>1581536
>>1581586

Found the human shit
>>
and crypto has made it even easier :3
>>
>>1581816
u mad faggot?

There's no point living like a wagecuck. The government robs us every fucking day, what's the point of living like a slave?
>>
>>1581820
>u mad

no, just calling a spade a spade
>>
>>1581822
Okay wagecuck

Enjoying living in the ratrace for the rest of your life. Keep trying to make your boss richer, or heck start your "dream business" where you work 80 hours a week like a cuckold slave
>>
I love it, it's like watching two poor drunkards arguing and fighting each other and not doing anything about making their lives better.
>>
>>1581823
So, let me get this straight.
You think the government is robbing you, and your solution is to steal from them, even though everyone pays for them, so you'll just be stealing from other people.
What's your justification? Those other people aren't stealing from you.
>>
>>1581534
Lol, they are prosecuted all the fucking time you moron. Rest assured, if you pull that shit on a regular basis and live in a western country (Canada, USA, UK, AUS, NZ) you will be caught.

The guys who don't get caught live in Indonesia and shit in mud huts. So yeah, those guys will get away with it.
>>
>>1582023
>You think the government is robbing you

Yes I believe the government robs people by misappropriating our taxes and not acting in the best interest of the people.

I think the current government is illegitimate and I refuse to support it
>>
>>1582026
>Lol, they are prosecuted all the fucking time you moron

You'd think. But they aren't.

60-80% of bank robberies go unsolved in the US.

My city(major) only about 20% of break and enters ever get solved.

You can be sure that committing online crime where there's many obstacles like VPNs, proxies, plausible deniability with encryption, lack of evidence, lack of intent, etc is barely punished. This shit really doesn't get punished and we need to capitalize on this, maybe in the future technology will evolve and we'll live in a more authoritarian regime so we need to make our money NOW
>>
>>1581534
Computer nerd here, I looked into this extensively. The average career blackhat only makes $34,000, and that's what devoting your life to hacking gets you.

You're not missing out on anything guys...
>>
>>1582027
>Yes I believe the government robs people by misappropriating our taxes
So your solution is to rob them, so that they raise everyone's taxes to make up the shortfall?
Again, what's your justification for screwing other people in order to get back at the government?
>>
>>1582033
>I looked into this extensively. The average career blackhat only makes $34,000, and that's what devoting your life to hacking gets you.

What are your sources?

How could you possibly find the average of criminals not reporting taxes and operating in the underground?

They most certainly make far more than $34 000

>>1582037
>Again, what's your justification for screwing other people in order to get back at the government?

Personal benefit?
>>
>>1582039
>Personal benefit
Ok, but you could use this argument to "justify" beating a blind man to death because he had $5.
After all, you would benefit. Correct?
>>
>>1582046
>After all, you would benefit. Correct?

That amount is too low.

I wouldn't even bend over to pick up $5 off the floor.

But I guess I would beat him if the sum was worth getting my clothes drycleaned afterwards.
>>
>>1582039
http://news.softpedia.com/news/black-hat-hackers-barely-make-30-000-per-year-499785.shtml
If you are THAT skilled with hacking, you can just be a legal pen tester and make $82k+.

Trust me dude I have thought about this a lot. I've thought about ways you can make more than the average. I've thought about breaking in to people's houses to install keyloggers, I've thought about keylogging local businesses or packer sniffing their transactions, I've thought about purchasing botnet time to spam tax/sweepstakes scam emails and phishing sites, I've thought about buying zero days and ransom ware. You have to steal very large quantities and very often to make anything add up.

I am a fucking degenerate, I have no probably ripping people off and making them cry, but cyber crime just isn't a free cash faucet. It's hard and complicated and if you take the 100 hours you spend learning about tor, anonymity, going to cafes to use their wifi (literally the only way to do it without getting caught), and learning about how to evade the law and what to do if caught, you could instead but those hours into your job and you would get $2,000 of clean, legal money which you can invest and have grow over time. Criminal skills are worth nothing over time unless you want to be a criminal your whole life.
>>
>>1582058
>If you are THAT skilled with hacking, you can just be a legal pen tester and make $82k+.

Except the russians making literally billions from it... oh...

>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316022/Nineteen-arrested-online-bank-raid-netted-20m.html

>www.itnews.com.au/news/zeus-trojan-nets-20-year-old-32-million-272242

>The UK has been one of the biggest targets of the Dridex hackers, also known as Evil Corp, with as much as £20 million ($30 million) lost. The FBI said at least $10 million in direct loss domestically could be attributed to Dridex. Given nearly 30 countries were targeted, the likely intake of Evil Corp is beyond $50 million.
>>
>>1582048
>if the sum was worth getting my clothes drycleaned afterwards
Speaking of which, I know a place that will give you a good discount.
They're open 24/7, and even have free hot dogs and popcorn.
Home pickup and delivery are extra, but solid service, nonetheless.
>>
>>1582059
So fucking what??????

If I sent you an article about someone that made billions from whitehat computer skills, would that make you drop everything and pursue a degree in computer science?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2016/04/27/mark-zuckerberg-gains-4-billion-to-become-worlds-sixth-richest-person-ahead-of-larry-ellison/#392dd55175be

Look, this guy made WAY more than those Russians.
>>
>>1582058
It's not that hard. It's stupidly easy and simple actually.

There's working builders sourcecode posted on some malware research forums.

>f you take the 100 hours you spend learning about tor, anonymity, going to cafes to use their wifi (literally the only way to do it without getting caught), and learning about how to evade the law and what to do if caught

tor is backdoored fbi bullshit

You don't need 100hours to learn to buy a throwaway laptop, use public/cracked wifi networks, use fresh proxies and vpn. The only thing stopping you is yourself.
>>
>>1582067
>tor is backdoored by fbi!!!
>he doesn't know about "tor stinks"
Ohhh, ohhh, so you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Thanks for clearing that up for me :^)

Ahhh, did I crush you wittle hacker dweam? Are you gonna cwy now?

Hey, if you think you can make money hacking, knock you self out. Go nuts kid, the world is your oyster, and some lesson must be learned the hard way. Seriously, start hacking, go ahead.
>>
>>1582082
stay poor idiot wagecuck
>>
No, billions are not being made by hackers every year. Maybe a few million spread out over thousands of desperate pajeets and highschool kids. The figures you quote are calculated by adding up the revenues and costs of everything involved such as security companies like Symantec, who actually *are* making billions per year, just look at their financial statements. In fact, they release these articles for the sole purpose of putting fear into people to buy their solutions. As added bonus, it entices some people to actually go out and do these things, so they can point to you in real life as examples.
>>
>>1582091
>Maybe a few million spread out over thousands of desperate pajeets and highschool kids

Lol.

Look up Zeus, Spyeye, cryptolocker etc. They definitely make many, many millions.

Look up bank fraud arrests in the US
>>
>>1582092
Look at those articles again, and notice how every single one will say Security Company X estimates $xx million potentially earned by criminal Y, then notice their estimation method of literally guessing. This is the equivalent of you finding articles about kids being arrested for drugs, with their bag of weed worth $250k and wanting to get into selling drugs.
>>
>>1582106
Fair enough, it may be well overstated of course no one's talking exact figures but it's still significant.

This shit isn't a small drop in the bucket.

>n fact, they release these articles for the sole purpose of putting fear into people to buy their solutions

Pretty much every researcher is quite vocal about expressing how malware has gotten to the stage(even years ago) where no solution works. They quite clearly talk about how all the "protection" from APTs is flawed and is just a cashgrab
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.