[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have $100k. I want to live for the most amount of time I possibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0125.jpg (46KB, 475x589px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0125.jpg
46KB, 475x589px
I have $100k.
I want to live for the most amount of time I possibly can before having to get a real job, what is your suggestions on this?

I was thinking of getting a $50kish house and then paying it off over 30 years
I figure that I will have maybe $5000 in expenses a year on electricity etc..

So basically I'd have to get a job after about 10 years

Am I retarded?
>>
>>1580738
>a $50kish house
Do you live in Mexico?
>>
>>1580742
You can get a decent $50k house in, I'd venture to say, most of the United States (measured by area). You people out in the Bay Area or wherever are always hilarious with your perceptions of the cost of housing.
>>
>>1580750
Median US home price is about $190K.
Thanks for your assumptions about where I live.
>>
>>1580742
I'm planning to just live in a shit house
US
>>
>>1580753
That means half of home still cost less than $190k. Outside of major metros, you can usually find some $50k homes.
>>
>>1580755
Lol
>>
>>1580738
Yes. Unless you're used to living off of $250 a month (which is very generous) you're not going to be able to, and you're not gonna get a 'real job' when you haven't worked in 10 years.
>>
>>1580766
>>1580753

Hell, even major metros have 50k homes for that matter. There are probably only a few markets in the entire US where you can't find a 50k home. Glad to know I was right about where you live though.
>>
>>1580766
>just live in a shit house
>>
>>1580771
At least in big cities, the quality of the home isn't really the reason for the low price, it's the neighborhood.
>>
>>1580777
Well, here in Phnom Penh, $50K won't pay for both the house and the required armed guards.
You'd have to pick one.
>>
>>1580798
Check your privilege. You have no idea what it is like to be poor in your own country. Cambodia is one of the poorest countries in the entire world and you talk about needing a guard. Stop paying people shit wages at whatever factory your daddy owns and then maybe people will stop trying to break into your house.
>>
>>1580808
>Check your privilege
Nah, I'll pass.
Spout some more populist ramblings.
Your first attempt was amusing.
>>
>>1580738
Why don't you just invest most of it and retire early instead of having to work late into your retirement age? How much of your 100k have you considered saving for retirement? If you were going to take it easy for a few years, why not enroll in classes or a small part time job in the mean time?
>>
>>1580815
I'm not kidding. You are extremely disconnected and the very fact that you are posting on 4chan speaking English right now proves that. You have no idea what life is really like outside your elite bubble. Plenty of people in your country and even in a lot of Western countries live in sub $50k housing perfectly fine.
>>
>>1580820
>the very fact that you are posting on 4chan speaking English
Ok, that one was much better.
Can you include some stuff about white devils and oppression?
I'm trying to show my girlfriend how cool the internet is.
>>
use that on a down payment for real estate
>>
Put your money into dividend funds.
Move to Africa/Ukraine/Cambodia/etc
Live off of you 6-7k per year
>>
>>1581029

name places beside africa/ukraine/cambodia where you can live well on $500 a month
>>
>>1581989
India
>>
>>1581992

any countries that view white people as godlike creatures? and not as disgusting as india?
>>
>>1581989
Entire Eastern Europe, entire SEA, India, China, Greece, Italy, Portugal, entire south America.
>>
>>1582003

don't you risk getting kidnapped in south america?
>>
>>1580777
No, in the city homes are shit quality regardless. The further away from the City you go the more your dollar goes. Only people form the city think 50k can't get you a nice little house. Probably find one with a one car garage if you look hard enough.
>>
File: hypershed.png (330KB, 1089x844px) Image search: [Google]
hypershed.png
330KB, 1089x844px
>>1580742
In Canada, pretty much every small town has some $40k specials. On the east coast, you can buy a small house for $20k because nobody wants to live there.
>>
>>1580738
Buy a duplex in an area you think will be a good long term investment. It should he close to a medium sized town. Think 30 years down the road- think how the climate might be in 30 years from now. i.e. coastal Florida will be underwater but the Washington coast might be warm and sunny.
Anyway get a duplex there in good shape. Realistically you should be setting your sights around 200k and see what there is.
Put 20% down to avoid PMI. Don't pay it off early, just get the best interest rate possible. You'll need a job to get the loan, anything should be OK; they should add your estimated rental income to your income. Obviously rent out the other side and preferably get a roomate on your side. You should he in positive cash flow if you did your homework.
You'll have 60k in the bank. Keep ~15 in an emergency fund (do not touch it), 5k in a house-maintenance fund for surprises (add to it as you go) and invest the rest in bonds, some precious metals and low risk stocks,.

Live off your rental income and stock returns.
In 30 years you will have lots of options and will own an income-producing house outright.
>>
>>1581989
>Live in Lithuania
>make 700 euros a month (760dollas)
>spent 350 on mortgage
>spent 100 on car (taxes, insurance, gasoline)
>spent 100 on nights out twice a month
>left with 150 for food
>live on a verge on starvation and read some smart ass on the 4chan saying you can live well in my region for 500 dollas
>niggaaruyouserious.jpg
>>
Go all in on doge coin
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.