[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, spillover from /pol/ here, been reading for a while now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Guys,

spillover from /pol/ here, been reading for a while now and realise that /biz/ is the true red pill

how much money do you realistically need to start playing the stock market (without just losing it instantly), also where the fuck do I start?

also, is gold/silver a meme?
>>
ive got 10k in the bank (downunder) and im 21
>>
File: 1476904204569.gif (1MB, 1078x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1476904204569.gif
1MB, 1078x1660px
Yeah man and econ is so much more calm. I noticed my happiness levels raise after cutting /pol/ out a lot.it may not feel stressful after you're using to it, but being around stress nonstop wears on you.

You don't need much money at all! Though it is hated on here, robinhood is an app you can invest with but I would wait until someone who knows more than I comes in and gives more advice.
I also am fairly new so this is just the information I will give until someone who knows more comes in.
>>
>>1577431
cheers for the book list man I appreciate it

I'll have a look into Robinhood, I'm looking to trade on Australian or Japanese stock exchanges (time zones) so if anyone can help with where to start in that regard I'd appreciate it.

Also, is Schiffgold a meme? It seems like a good way to get some protection in the even of WW3, (or Great Depression 2.0), but is it just a big scam? Also if its not a meme where should I buy it and how much?
>>
>>1577432
>It seems like a good way to get some protection in the even of WW3,
Bruh in WW2 governments just came and confiscated erryone's gold and locked you up if they knew you had gold you were hiding.
>>
>>1577438
so its a meme?

what about silver?
>>
>>1577426
Well my impressionable young Pol/lack, the thing to realize is that between High frequency trading and transaction fees, you'll always lose a bit on any trade in the first week or two. Like >>1577431
said, you don't need much at all to get started. But patience is important.

I'm afraid I don't know much about precious metals or trading AUS JP markets, my hedge against the worst is farmland and tools. But I would say in general, don't let your lack of experience get you to trust yourself less than others - supposedly, cats pick better portfolios than the average professional.
>>
File: 1467080514582.jpg (44KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
1467080514582.jpg
44KB, 640x608px
>>1577426
>>1577427
>>1577432
>>1577440
bad taste in pussy
please go back to /pol/
I'll join you in a minute
>>
>>1577444
hmm farmland and tools is interesting, hadn't thought of that.

Would you be able to recommend any programs/websites in particular that are good to start trading/learning about trading with?
>>
>>1577432
>Also, is Schiffgold a meme? It seems like a good way to get some protection in the even of WW3, (or Great Depression 2.0)
During the great depression was extreme deleveraging and deflation meaning that the price of everything drooped. in a extreme deflationary environment you'd want to be in USD cash.

also this >>1577438
they nationalized the country's gold.
>>
>>1577455
interesting, thats for clearing that up

guess its a phat big meme

ill stick to something more sensible than gold doubloons I guess
>>
>>1577427
>ive got 10k in the bank (downunder) and im 21

I started my shares account with 10k ( also Australian)
Although I left plenty of other money in the bank and invested in other assets
>>
>>1577464
cool, good to know. I think I'll get a bit more cash saved before I commit 10k then, still interested in starting though

how did you go about starting?
any programs/website specifically for australia?
any safe starting investments you can recommend?
>>
>>1577474
Aus Fag here!

Best option open a Commsec account if u have one of the 4 big bank accounts go with them.

then pick an EFT and put 10k on it will cost u $20 to buy in brokerage then just hold it.

link your account to a http://www.computershare.com/au account to set up dividend reinvestments and then just kick back and save more. Look int franked credits for AU stocks and EFT's

pick one of these or start researching EFTs

then get into asset allocation, use EFT for best diversification.

VAS.AX for AU share market index
VTS.AX for US share market index
VAP.AX Vanguard Australian Property EFT
VAF.AX Vanguard Australian Fixed Inte
>>
>>1577474
>any safe starting investments you can recommend?

There are plenty.

The most important thing for a young/new investor is psychology.

Too many kids look at investing as an "income stream" rather than a "incentivized savings" and that's how Newbies get into trouble... chasing unrealistic returns & the thrill.

Then you essentially become a gambler instead of an investor.

Might as well just throw it a way on crypto coins or roulette.
>>
>>1577501
>Too many kids look at investing as an "income stream" rather than a "incentivized savings" and that's how Newbies get into trouble... chasing unrealistic returns & the thrill.

And I know this advice will fall on deaf ears.

4chan /biz/ types are the adrenaline junkies chasing the highs of a win and lows of a loss.

These are gamblers, not investors.
>>
File: 500.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
500.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>1577497
this is perfect, thank you based /biz/nessman

I'm with NAB, guess I'll go with them

>>1577501
>>1577503
dw, if I wanted to gamble I'd be in a very different part of the web. Put $200 bucks down on a Donald Trump victory.

This is different, I'm looking for better returns than what I'm currently looking at in my savings account.

Also, what do you guys recommend I do with my funds in order to take advantage of the impending global financial bubble burst? Whats gonna weather the storm?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (165KB, 1333x541px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
165KB, 1333x541px
>>1577506
it then becomes about you life expectancy and using super, shares and cash. if you want to direct property but its all about asset allocation in the end and steady returns. map out 100 years on excel think 5 -7 per returns. get motivated.
>>
>>1577520
wow ok, jeeze

time to go to excell holy fck
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 1529x638px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 1529x638px
>>1577527
good luck /biz/ brother! I believe in you.

Im off and remember we all start some where.
>>
>>1577426
To invest for retirement, any amount. To trade actively, at least $50-100k
>>
File: CRLvYeaUYAEtT9T.png (206KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CRLvYeaUYAEtT9T.png
206KB, 600x600px
>>1577426
Wrong a lot of people on here would make a lot more money if they used /pol/.
>>
>>1577779
>To trade actively, at least $50-100k
How dare you piss all over this board's dreams with your well reasoned and accurate statements
>>
>>1577898
Sorry- What I meant to say was you should open a Robinhood account immediately and buy all the medical marijuana stocks you can afford.
>>
>>1577902
That's more like it.

To the moooooooooooon!
>>
>>1577912
>Why is it going down?
>Should I buy more?
>>
>>1577920
>these guys are just jealous
>I think it's reached a bottom
>time to buy the dip
>>
>>1577426
/b/ went to /pol/ which went to /biz/

this has been a thing for awhile
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.