[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the quick formula to check if you're going to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

what is the quick formula to check if you're going to be successful long term

- knowing the probability of success and % of gains, and knowing the probability of failure and % of loss,
- and assuming these values stay constant all the time or you maintain a very precise average for all of them

i know you can guess and check using net profit formula and cumulative probability formula, but there must be a formula in finance to tell you this right away, right?
>>
>>1577188
What the fuck?

Yeah dude just do whatever you're doing
>>
>>1577188
it's actually just a product of normal statistical distributions and how you define "success."

for example take the "1%er" meme.
Obviously only one percent of earners or owners fall in the top one percent. However that doesn't mean your odds of being in the top 1% of earners or owners is only 1%.

Because there is both upward and (more often) downward mobility, you'll find that about 3% of earners and owners will at some point reach the top 1%. From this you may surmise that at least 66.6% of those that achieve this summit won't stay there.

but as long as you measurably define "success" it's just a matter of calculating how many people are in that group, how many were born there, and how many will stay there. Pretty simple stuff.

that doesn't imply however that because there's a 3% chance a random person may become a multimillionaire that any individual person has a 3% chance. In reality the fraction that succeed are often near the top percentile in other qualities such as intelligence or testosterone levels or looks. There are specific factors that prevent the remaining 97% of people from achieving at the edges of the bell curve, and none of the factors is by itself predictive.
>>
>>1577207
thanks for the answer
>>
>>1577237
sorry if it's not what you wanted, but unless you're calculating the success of a trading algorithm you're going to run into human variables. Over time those human factors will dominate the equation.

even with automated trading you'll run into human variables though, since the market responds to humans at almost every level.
>>
>>1577250
i agree. theres always going to be a significant margin of error for anything trade related. that being said, you can still get a pretty solid idea of where you're heading if your probabilities and reward/risk are based off of large enough sample size. i think its important for every trader to be honest with himself and look at this.
>>
anyways i figured out the answer. i thought it was too simple for a while, but i was just overthinking and confusing myself.

multiply the ratio of probability of success:prob of fail by ratio of reward:risk
if its over 1, you'll continue to win
if its below 1, you'll continue to lose
>>
>>1577332

Please put your equation to semi-practical use.

So far all i'm seeing is gibberish
>>
>>1577188
total autismo-net expenses*faggotry
>>
Did you make a profit after expenses?

yes?

then congrats, you suceeded
>>
>>1577188
Honestly, take an IQ test.
>>
>>1579160
Yeah i think op is talking out hes ass...
The probability of staying within the "1%er" is rarely heard of not because it is never achieved but because there is no limit to the success rate if your thinking in a wealth(currency) format wich you'll need to rearrange you prioritys and variables such as food, rent, gas if you have a personal transportation or pay to get around all of this needs to be thoroughly thought through to cut any unwanted bumps you'll only need to account for risk×Time×risk= probability of success. But i think somehow you already knew that op and im jus a dum stoopid niigar
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.