[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With all the political jibber jabber and whatnot let's talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 650x366px
With all the political jibber jabber and whatnot let's talk about something else.

What's /biz/'s opinion on this guy? I have a friend who works in the financial sector (investments and speculation) and is adamant that he's just a con artist. This guy doesn't believe global warming is real - AT ALL. He believes that Musk is using the whole global warming issue as an excuse to hype up his automobiles and to get government funding and shit to prop up his shell of a company.

I have another friend who works in statistics and although isn't strongly against Musk, he does believe that tesla is overvalued and won't be seeing profit any time soon (or in the future for that matter).

Opinions?
>>
He's taking advantage of something to make money? Solid businessman.

However I believe Spacex and Tesla will both be bankrupt by 2020.

Why?

He'll start using Tesla to fund his Spacex failures (if he already isn't) and go broke real quick.
>>
>>1576674
>doesn't believe global warming is real - AT ALL

Your friend sounds like a total fucking idiot.

>he's just a con artist

Yeah, it's not like he's build thousands of great cars or anything. And he definitely hasn't built rockets that go into space and back...
>>
>>1576685
Hey now, to be fair to him, my other friends (the statistician) does say that there is a lot of questionable factors around all the hubbub surrounding global warming.

You wouldn't believe how bias the science community can be.
>>
>>1576685
>>1576690
Isn't the issue with global warming only about whether it's man-made or not?
Or there's people who actually believe the temperature isn't rising at all?
>>
>>1576731
>>1576690
All the evidence says it's man-made, but some (not all) of the evidence was allegedly doctored.
But nobody denies that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, so the idea that anthropogenic global warming is completely untrue is blatantly retarded.
>>
>>1576737
I see...
Most of what I read on the issue though suggested that greenhouse gasses only affect global temperature to a certain extent, and that most of the warming is just natural.
How do you think the ratio natural/manmade should be?
>>
>>1576749
1.5:1
>>
>>1576674
TSLA isn't profitable. SpaceX will only ever be profitable if government contracts sustain everything.

That being said, Musk is a genius. I have no doubt his vision of the future will be realized, even if he isn't the one to do it.
>>
>>1576685

>daily reminder, the earth is actually cooling
>humans are having negative impacts on the environment but not disastrous 'warming' effects
>contamination of water sources, deforestation and pollution are significantly more dangerous
>the federal gov and international institutions want to tax pollution and control a larger share of resources, ie clean water act, in the name of environmentalism
>>
He says he wants to die on Mars.

In reality he will die in a NYC penthouse with cocaine in his system and multiple pairs of dirty panties in the vicinity.
>>
>>1576674
Yeah, some random non-millionaires know more about business than Elon Musk.
>>
>>1576923
but i read it on 4 chan!
>>
musk is a meme car company owner.
Telsa's aren't good cars.
The people buying them are rich hipster faggots or reddit-tier celebs.
honestly, the cars are a joke.

>muh electric
I love the meme that electric cars are somehow good for the environment.
reason musk isn't where fisker is right now is because he hired smart people.
Tesla will be bankrupted by lawsuits by 2020.
SpaceX will die as well after some crash.
>>
>>1576674
I haven't read much about the dude and have never sat in a Tesla nor know what the specs are...

So here's my totally unqualified opinion of him:
He's a marketing guy. I don't even know if he's a good CEO, but he's great at creating hype and that's a very valuable skill.

I get a huge Guy Fieri vibe from him, I guess they strike me as insincere and insecure.

Probably has a giant portrait of Steve Jobs on his wall too.
>>
>>1576923
>Yeah, some random non-millionaires know more a

Most people also don't need to be royalty to know not to give money to nigerian princes
>>
>>1576760
Bad ratio, should have said 3:2
>>
File: 1471147607695.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1471147607695.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1576674
He may not have founded Tesla with the idea of being a scammer, but that's basically what tesla has become. He's trying to merge Solar City so he can consolidate his debt into one company to avoid the shame of three failed business ventures tied to the Musk name. The battery thing that he's working on will end up being it's own venture that he'll market to the government to try and get sweet big-money defense contracts. Everything that he has left will ultimately require massive amounts of government subsidies to keep him afloat. It wouldn't surprise me if Tesla finally declares bankruptcy in 2022.
>>
>>1576674
He probably has the best valued supercar. Would I buy a car? No. But just stats alone its faster than the bugatti 0-100 km/h if I remember correctly.

Dont know about running costs and maintance in an electric car.

The global warming this is a hoax, the earth under its "lifetime" has moved from hotter climates to ice ages etc multiple times.
>>
>>1576749
The problem is not just carbon and greenhouse effect.

The ozone hole for example was caused by the emission of CFCs and other shit I can't remember. If said shit hadn't been banned we'd be royally fucked by know.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.