[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so difficult to come up with good business ideas that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why is it so difficult to come up with good business ideas that haven't been done already? Is it because we've gotten to the point where we've made life is so easy that we don't really need anything anymore?
>>
>>1575647
You're unimaginative.
>>
>>1575651
I really am.

I figure I don't need a great idea, I just need a mediocre one that still makes money.
>>
>>1575651
Ok, if it's so easy then name one.
>>
>>1575647
In the late 1800s the worlds top physicists and scientists thought that we had discovered and invented everything that could be and so there was nothing else for science to discover or invent.
Haha boy they couldnt have been more wrong.

Also, consider how when faceboook started the concept of social media website had already been done and was dominated by the juggernaut at the time like myspace, when google started they concept of search engine had already been done by many juggernauts at the time like altavista and yahoo.
>>
There's always something else.

Also there's always plenty of money to be made in doing something not totally original but in a unique way. Facebook is just Friends Reunited done far, far better.
>>
Just think of something convenient for consumers. That's all people want. Convenience. Then market the fuck out of it.
>>
>>1575647
>I need a NEW idea to go into business!
your guidance counselor lied.
if a business concept has worked fine for hundreds or even thousands of years it's a good bet it'll keep right on working.
>>
>>1576717
I'm not interested in competing against others with a product that's exactly the same as everybody else's. I'm talking about new products or services that nobody has done yet. It seems like there are less and less possibilities for this as time goes on.
>>
>>1576738
>I'm not interested in competing against others with a product that's exactly the same as everybody else's.
then you're going to be pissed when you come up with something entirely new and 15million people immediately copy it both legally and illegally.
>>
>>1575647
You're under-stimulated.

You want to come up with new ideas?

CHANGE... YOUR... ROUTINE...

Read a different newspaper to the one you usually do.

Walk a different way to work.

Go to an art gallery, and not a respected one, go to a contemporary one with lots of installations and LCD screens.

Read a biography about someone you've never heard of who got success in a industry you didn't even know existed.

Sleep on your friend's couch for a night and do a totally different routine.

If that's all too hard for you, then just look at your industry and find a service which you can do or learn to do which people would pay a premium to just have done competently.
Remember, you can alter your own clothes, do your own plumbing, design your own website: but most people go to a tailor (or buy new clothes), call a plumber, hire a web-designer because they're lazy but will pay to have it done RIGHT.
There's thousands of those opportunities.

Oh, and even look at extant business and look for specialties which people would pay a premium for.
>>
stop thinking you need a new business idea. all you need is an old business idea done well and fresh.
>>
I think we're pushed to think only new ideas because breaking into so many markets is less about a better product and more about being cheaper. Well how much coolness do you have to forgo to court an growing segment of poorfags that can't/won't pay for it?
>>
Google wasnt the first search engine, Facebook wasnt the first social media site.
>>
>>1575647
that tilt-shift is fake and gay
>>
>>1577723
agreed. the blur is shit as well. the focus is way too narrow for any visual appeal. 0/10
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.