[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me if this is profitable. I am going to create a big dome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Tell me if this is profitable. I am going to create a big dome that people can go and live in and it will be the 90's forever. It will be accurate like all the TVs will match the cable guides of their time. The video games and stuff. There will be an enclosed dial-up internet. All the stores and foods will be 90s brand. People can go in there on a vacation, for like two weeks. Every room will be having 90s posters and TVs, music, etc... I believe that this could be super popular. Then at the end of 1999 it will reset back to 1990. Is there a market for this?
>>
I would want to live in this world and play POGS with my schoolmates, and hang out in the arcades after school, and play SEGA when I got home
>>
>>1575335
I am glad you see the potential. I bet we will see something like this in our lifetimes. Like a 90s theme park.
>>
>>1575333
sounds like a scifi movie
>>
>>1575333
Interesting idea, but the people who are nostalgic for the 90s (people in their 20s) are either busy getting a career off the ground or have no money.

Additionally there are a lot of logistical issues, such as matching the tv guide (is that content even available) as well as the internet (hard to reproduce 90s websites with live chat and such).
>>
It's a good idea in theory, until people realize that nostalgia just clouds the vision. People remember things as better than they really were.
>>
>>1575333
I was a kid in the 90s and an adult now, if I lived there, I'd be an adult in the 90s which is an experience in not familiar with and have no nostalgia for. I'd probably just miss my smartphone and want to go home.
>>
>>1575333
Look into cruise ships - they're self contained and work quite well.

I think this idea has potential, outside of my city there is a historical theme park where all the staff dress and talk like it's the 19th century. The difference is that's based on curiosity - you're tapping into something way more valuable: nostalgia.

I doubt people would want to live there permanently like >>1576278 says so think less Truman Show/Biodome and more like a traditional theme park.

Licencing will be an issue, sure you could find loop holes on a closed circut TV system to play nothing but 1990's television and films. But what if you want to have mascots or if you want to have an on-sight 1990's Pizza Hut?

Like I said: nostalgia is worth money. The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and Black Sabbath's ongoing receipts from touring can attest to that.
>>
>>1575333
I like the idea. You prob need a shitton of starting capital tho
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.