[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i found a replica of an item that cost me $120 I sold it on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: 1470271451647.jpg (210KB, 1125x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1470271451647.jpg
210KB, 1125x1125px
so i found a replica of an item that cost me $120
I sold it on ebay for $400.
I contacted the fake departments of said company and they said its 99% authentic by the 40 pics i sent.

how do i exploit this without getting caught?
>>
>>1575030
what is the item? Philosophical question: if the fakes department of a company believes that it is not fake, is it really fake? How could the customer find out that its fake?

Dont give us all the information obviously but tell us in what department is the item.
>>
>>1575035
Its an outdoor clothing item of a really high end company.
its the highest quality fake ive ever seen.
its from china but the real is made elsewhere.
im 99% sure there is no way to tell it is fake
it is scary real.
also contacting the Chinese seller and he claims he has factory sources for 30% of said retail price.
i havent bought any of the other stuff since it wouldnt yeild such a high turn around.
>>
>>1575039

High end outdoor clothing like TNF and Patagonia have serial ID numbers on their products.
>>
>>1575043
this is way more high end and they dont have serial numbers
>>
>>1575030
if someone asks whether or not its legit why not say you've gotten confirmation from the company that it in fact is?
>>
>>1575050
that was my plan...
i guess i dont have anything to worry about
im just wondering when it becomes suspicious if i start selling a lot?
>>
>>1575052
you might be found out sooner or later. state that all sales are final and cover your ass atleast.
>>
>>1575055
how though
>>
>>1575030
What item is it
>>
>>1575106
Lol nice try scholmo
>>
>>1575109
Whats a scolmo
>>
>>1575030

kill yourself, scumbag
>>
>>1575180
I get this. I spent 10 days thinking long and hard. And came to the philosophical answer that if the original company says it's real than it is.
>>
>>1575186

You only sent them pictures, which can be deceiving.

And you even admitted that you know they are fake. You can't plead ignorance at this point.

You are the scum of the human race.
>>
>>1575192
faggot
>>
>>1575192
It's not deceiving. Let's say factory A sells to company A and charges 100 but let's say a company b comes along and buys from factory a and sells half off? I don't see any morals being broken and I'm a free market type of guy. If you are selling a jacket for 700 dollars and some chink can perfect it for 120 so be it.
>>
>>1575192
Also isn't this /biz/ not /pol? This is coming from a major polfag btw.
>>
>>1575192
Also cunt I'm not pleading ignorance. 40 photos of every seam and tag and stick isn't deceiving one bit.
>>
>>1575196

Who the fuck are you? I wasn't responding to you, fuck off.

>>1575197

Are you listing them as replicas? No, you aren't, therefore you are misleading the buyer.

>>1575199

Ethics is very relevant to business.
>>
in general I would say you are on thin ice...
if someone buys from you but doesn't trust you and actually sends the item to the company to get it checked you can be fucked
>>
Hey op, im expierenced in this kind of thing,been doing about 6 years now, post your skype or throwaway email and ill help you out.
>>
yeah it looks legit, but will it hold up over time?

also kys scumbag
>>
Post more thick jailbail
>>
>>1575030
what's her name ?
>>
>>1575030
Source on that ass?
>>
>>1575055
That doesn't work when you're selling knockoff shit.
>>
Jesus, this thread

'Hello, fakes department?'
'Hello, yes, I bought this jacket and sent you pics, can you tell me if it's fake?'
'hmmm, let's see....ok, we would say it is approximately 99% authentic'
'ok, thanks, k bye'

Does this conversation sound realistic?
What the actual fuck is a 'fakes department?'
Sounds fake.
And what does '99% authentic' mean? What is that? A rating? A score?
Do you mean they are 99% sure it's authentic?
Ask them what the other 1% is.

Also photos aren't everything.
I can spot fakes a mile off,
Usually the quality, the weight, drape, performance, etc are off.

Example - a solid gold Breitling watch is fucking heavy and solid. There's an instant 'feel' to it, I have handled one, and when you do, you know it.
You can fake the exact look, movement, etc but faking that engineering is hard.
If you're going to do that, why not slap a +2,000% mark-up on it?
Oh that's rightly because it is actually shoddy and cheaply made, and will break in a couple years at best.

I bought fake Diesel sunglasses off ebay. Photos looked great. An actual style that Diesel make, and an authentic case, etc.

Now the shades arrive, and the plastic is cheaper plastic, I knew it was fake before I even examined them. As soon as I touched them, they just felt wrong. Diesel shades are made by Safilo, they use high grade acrylics and polymers, these felt brittle, like a pair of $5 shades.
Next up, the logo was printed on, not laser engraved.
DROPPED.
Left negative feedback, reported for fake, got money back.
>>
File: 1461477465715.png (357KB, 397x402px) Image search: [Google]
1461477465715.png
357KB, 397x402px
>>1575423

This guy knows
>>
How many are you planning on selling? People are going to notice you have 25 listings for an Alpine class parka listed for below retail.
>>
Filson?
>>
Acronym?
>>
>>1575522
That's what I was thinking
>>
>>1575197
You're trading in illegal counterfeit goods. It's an actual criminal offense that could land you in jail.

>https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2320
>>
>>1575030
Is it a Canada Goose coat? They have a huge fraud department.
>>
>>1575030
I did this once with pax ploom vapes. bought for 45 sold for 200. managed to sell 4 (out of the 5 i bought) before i got banned (you will get banned).

The way you keep dong this is by buying new ebay accounts with different IP addresses (use a VPN or virtual machine).

there's a site called buyvcc.com where you can buy new ebay accounts with an attached verified PayPal account so you can get paid. if you use it i would suggest the lowest tier ($75 for a 5 item limit) since again, you WILL get banned pretty soon so you'll have to get into a habit of buying new account often.
>>
>>1576632
how will i get banned?
im selling other real stuff
and ive only sold one
>>
>>1577107
not him, but:
-sell to customer who knows what to look for and get reported - banned
-ebay vero program auto-picks you as not licensed distributor from the company - banned
-customs opens your box - thousands in fines + jail time + banned

anyone who's sold bootlegs will tell you if you keep doing it you WILL get caught. it's just a numbers game waiting for customs to check a package or to sell to the wrong guy and get reported. there's a reason ppl fake seller accounts.

if you do this that's on you, but don't sit here hoping you can convince others to tell you it's not immoral/illegal.

There's nothing philosophical or morally gray to discuss here. Bootlegs take advantage of the hard work in creating/perfecting/branding/marketing a product by an entity (single person or giant company). The moment you are aware it is not an officially licensed product, that's the end of the discussion. It's not legal, it's theft from the creators as they receive no compensation for their work which resulted in this thing even being available or salable.

At that point you're really just a parasite.

you're also full of shit with your claim that you called the "fake department" and they verified it's "99% authentic". You sound like a 19 year old idiot saying shit like that.

you may have emailed their support with pictures and they said "yeah it looks real" but I'm sure that's it, and no that's not a green light for moral or legal integrity either.

if a fake is so good it can fool the "fake department" of the company, doesn't change facts. that's just stupid. if I take a guys wallet and put it next to another exact same wallet but without money in it - and he cant tell the empty one isn't his - that doesn't mean its now suddenly his and in return I can take the one with money as mine - it's was not and is not mine.

Again, if you decide to do it is up to you, but don't sit here trying to convince people to tell you you're retaining moral integrity.
>>
>>1575334
Not OP but in a similar situation.
[email protected]

Thanks
>>
Full Rick?
>>
>>1575334
Not OP, but I'm part of a few company's online-legal teams (well, they outsource that to us), can I post my e-mail/skype too?
>>
>>1577216
Are you serious? Making/selling fakes is immoral????

What about the kids in the sweatshops making those "real" products that cost less than 5$ per unit being sold at thousands of dollars? What corporations do is immoral and if anything, youre doing the more moral thing bootlegging to make a product more affordable.

Dat fake louis vuitton bag sold for 20$ while the real one is sold at 2000$
The fake one might cost 2$ to mass produce while the real one might cost 4$ to mass produce.

Which of these scenarios is the most immoral?
ok most of that bags cost to produce is going towards the "designers" which I didnt count in the mass production costs because even if the LV bag designer decides to make a bag out of his own shit, people would still want to buy it for 1000$s of dollars even if it looks and smells like shit and LV is taking advantage of this
>>
>>1575192
go back to /fa/ you fucking autist, who gets this mad over knock off clothing other than black people?
>>
>>1579118
a companies ethics and moral compass in its decisions/actions/practices has absolutely nothing to do with how your own decisions/actions/practices are morally preceved.

money has been the source of countless evil since the dawn of mankind - people brutally murder one another for it. That does not mean creating counterfeit dollars is suddenly morally sound because you "stick it to the man"

as you said
>Which of these scenarios is the most immoral?
"least immoral" =/= "not immoral"

Being lesser in some view does not mean it is suddenly not what it is.
Theft is still theft. sin is still sin, morals are still morals. illegal is still illegal.

Once more, if you're going to do it that's on you, but stop wasting peoples time trying to aggressively convince them to condone your actions as morally sound with illogical nonsense.

I'm surprised I even have to explain this. I assume you're just trolling at this point.
>>
>>1579105
Yes would be very interested in speaking with you.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.