[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would joining the freemasons be a good networking opportunity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: freemason_symbol.png (70KB, 312x310px) Image search: [Google]
freemason_symbol.png
70KB, 312x310px
Would joining the freemasons be a good networking opportunity or a waste of time?
>>
inb4 trolling kek
>>
>>1574010
I'm honestly not trolling. I found my grandad's masonic ring and realized it matched the symbol on what I thought was a church near me - turns out it's a local freemason lodge.

They sound kind of like a mix between boy scouts and church, both of which look good on a resume. So why not the freemasons?
>>
>>1574004
I don't know. Do you know anyone that's in it? It's not the sort of thing you can just apply for and you need to be a man of good faith and morals as well.

The fees can be pretty intense as well depending on the lodge you join.
>>
>>1574004

Might depend on the lodge?
>>
>>1574004
depends on the lodge. Average age of members is currently somewhere between 55 and 60 and climbing.

Enjoy networking with old christians who have time for a spaghetti dinner with a side of 1 hour long rites 2-3 times a week.
>>
>>1574004
Depends on the lodge and the connections within. What city anon? Got my current position if
>>
>>1574004
My father is a mason, I've been to some of the more open events for friends and family. It seems like a decent networking group, I think only one person there that was a mason was under the age of 30 out of about 20 or so masons.

It really depends on the lodge like others have said. Some are more active than others and would have varying demographics. You get what you give, so if you make an effort in the lodge some opportunities do arise.
>>
>>1574963

This sounds about right: it usually ends up being as much as you make of it.

It's pretty much like a frat for old people, so there are connections abound.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.