[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From the perspective of an employer, what are the most underrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Cu-5zdwWcAYP3m.jpg (124KB, 381x461px) Image search: [Google]
Cu-5zdwWcAYP3m.jpg
124KB, 381x461px
From the perspective of an employer, what are the most underrated skills most employees lack?
>>
>>1573827
The ability to do their job.
>>
Tonguemanship
>>
30 years expert experience with Windows 10 at age 25.
>>
>>1573827
>social skills

the ability to relate well to others
form working relationships
lead meetings
give talks/presentations
argue persuasively
>>
>>1573827
The ability to make maximum profit for the company and yet require no compensation and be happy doing it
>>
>>1573827
Having a work ethic. Sitting around bullshitting is fun but there's shit to do.
>>
>>1573830
Your honest and witty response is not within the framework of lies and bluffs constituting interview ettiquette, we have decided to move on with another candidate who provided the rehearsed response like you were supposed to
>>
Not believing that they can change their workplace if they work together, like unions
>>
>>1573827

Proficiency in word, excel and powerpoint.
>>
Soft skills
>>
Hard skills
>>
>>1573827
People get too caught up in drama and let emotions get in the way of their work.
>>
>>1573827
50 years experience in C++, Java, Python, Perl and SQL at aged 21
>>
>>1574398
What about access?
>>
>Common sense
>Logic
>>
>>1573827
A work ethic and the ability to ask for help when you need it. I'm an HR Supervisor. I've hired probably 60 people in the past three years and fired about 40.

If you come in on time, are willing to learn, and know when to ask for help when you need it -- that makes you a perfect employee. Just do those three things and you will succeed in any organization. It's just so hard to find good employees these days. The 2008-2010 recession was actually a godsend for us. Now that the market has recovered, we are stuck with hiring either sub par millenials or lazy gen x-ers who got fired from there last job. I'm really trying to give these people a chance....
>>
>>1573962
kek
>>
>>1575288
This, especially the so-called "common" sense.
>>
Initiative.
Ability to think outside of the box.
Willingness to take calculated risks.
Seeing failure as a positive thing instead of a negative thing.

Also, we got this service called ActiveTrack for our business which basically allows us to spy on our employees. It gives us a daily report showing what they spent most of their time on, what websites they visit and a screenshot every 5 minutes. Its fucking powerful and we've fired 2 people in the last month for time-wasting.

The best part is being able to measure productivity. It showed that most of our employees take much longer to complete tasks than they should.
>>
>>1574398
>word, powerpoint
Learn LaTeX.

>>1575275
Any other DB engine is better than Access.
>>
The ability to communicate effectively without coming off as an autist or a robot.
>>
>>1574398
This is the actual non-meme answer.

>>1573830
This is what turns out to be the truth.
>>
>>1573827
>sales
>learning ability
>being honest
I dont mind if the guy tells me i want to work for you so i can make money. What i hate is this shit of "making the a better community and being responsible" that shit wont make you a dime.
>>
Not being a retard. Honestly, If i hired a retarded person today, they would be smarter and more obedient then 60% of my workforce.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.