[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are business degrees worth it or am i better off falling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1476688977039.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1476688977039.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
Are business degrees worth it or am i better off falling for the stem meme
>>
Study stem if you wanna be replaced by pajeet
>>
Why would you want a degree in business?
>>
>>1572918
Because they can work almost anywhere
>>
>>1573184
Do you believe that? What is your evidence for that?
>>
>>1573194
I'm not going to get into a shit flinging contest

Either suggest some good alternatives or gtfo
>>
>>1573196
Listen, what I'm asking is have you done the research at all? Have you looked at any statistics whatsoever?

That might be a good place to start if you're looking to answer your original question.
>>
File: donut_plain.jpg (327KB, 900x687px) Image search: [Google]
donut_plain.jpg
327KB, 900x687px
>>1573206
>still no viable alternatives
>>
>>1573208
I'm not trying to offer you an alternative, but if you haven't even done any reading don't you think you're kind of asking a stupid question? You could easily look up labor statistics to determine what looks good for you, and you would look like a lot less of an asshole too.

Your original question is shit anyway, it's completely ambiguous. I have no idea what exactly you're asking. What do you even want to know?
>>
>>1573184
Business is worthless. I got one because I was too indecisive to pick a proper degree. Turns out, anyone can learn it without going to school for it and almost all of the actual knowledge is learned on the job anyways. It's better than a liberal arts degree, but that's not really saying much.
>>
>>1573213
I want to know if it's worth pursuing an accounting, MIS, or even a business management degree. Over something like IT
>>
>>1573224
>I want to know if it's worth pursuing an accounting, MIS, or even a business management degree.
That is still pretty ambiguous.

Maybe you should get a communications degree.
>>
>>1573208
Being a topologist is not a viable alternative either
>>
>>1573236
Why are you being so obtuse
>>
>>1573281
What is your end? Money?
>>
>stem
>requires degree to be successful
>business
>does not require degree to be successful
>stem graduates can do business
>business graduates cannot do stem
>>
>>1573285
Yes

At least 100k after working professionally for some decades
>>
>>1573324
Learn how to make good investments. Assets > expenses and liabilities and you're good.
>>
>>1572898
If you just jump into a degree you're going to drop out of college. Join the trades and take the safe way out, or get gain some work ethic and competence and get a CS degree
>>
>>1573305
Last time I checked stem graduates cant get their CPA or CFA designation and if they even tried they'd probably fail
>>
>>1573347
That may be true but for someone who actually got a STEM degree it would be a piece of cake to learn it.
>>
>>1573349
No it wouldn't

That's like saying someone with a CFA or CPA could get a STEM degree without any effort.

The reality is intelligent people go into both these fields, they aren't easy for the majority of people, while you may be intelligent enough to study for it doesn't mean it's a piece of cake. I know for a fact most STEM grads would probably have mental breakdowns before they even finished their first CFA module especially considering all work is done on your own time and you need experience working in investing. I also know lots of CPA holders wouldn't be able to do STEM as well.
>>
Best business school majors where I live (EU), based on salary and employment rates
>Finance
>Accounting
>Economics
>Operations management
>Strategy

On average, all business students (yes, even marketing and HR grads) do well in the job market, and the worst majors are only a little bit behind the majors listed above in terms of salary/employment rates. Again, this may be a country/continent specific thing, and almost all university grads get a master's degree here.

Basically, I'd advice you to think about what you want to do when you "grow up" and which subject you'd like to study for a few years. You could, for example, go to a local library (uni library is even better), and borrow some basic textbooks regarding the subjects. Then decide which one you'd most like to study and pick that shit.
>>
File: modelscopj6.jpg (178KB, 1024x414px) Image search: [Google]
modelscopj6.jpg
178KB, 1024x414px
you're better off killing yoself

UNLESS YOU LOOK LIKE FRANCISCO LACHOWSKI
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.