[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright lads, I started a Vanguard account and transferred 400$

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1421820152348.jpg (53KB, 488x723px) Image search: [Google]
1421820152348.jpg
53KB, 488x723px
Alright lads, I started a Vanguard account and transferred 400$ into it. What do I do now to get really really rich?
>>
File: memes.jpg (115KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
memes.jpg
115KB, 750x537px
>>1570856
>>
>>1570856
I was thinking of buying VFINX but I need 3000 minimum to get in but it seems fairly stable. What do you think?
>>
this is the one I use
https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0540&FundIntExt=INT
>>
>>1570916
>10000 minimum
give me a couple months and I'll be gucci
>>
>>1570916
Also what's the difference between admiral shares and investor shares?
>>
>>1570856
You'll need like $1000 for a beginner fund (VGSTX). At $3000 move to a target date fund close to when you want to retire.

Make sure you're taking advantage of 401k matching at work, Roth IRA for money beyond that, and the Retirement Saver's Credit if you're a poorfag.

Then focus on boosting your income and cutting expenses. Worry about investment returns & meme stocks when you've got a large enough capital base.

>>1570923
Lower expense ratio, which is the fee that fund managers take out of your returns. Vanguard is already low fee so don't obsess about getting to Admiral class.
>>
>>1570928
just to add to what this guy said, if you don't have some specific thing you're saving for (like going to school or buying a house) then you should be aiming to max your Roth contribution, which maxes out at $5,500 a year. That's money that you're basically telling the government that you've set aside now for retirement and when you do retire you'll be able to take out some of it each year without having to pay the normal capital gains taxes on it.
>>
>>1570928
Unfortunately my work doesn't offer a 401k. It does offer a profit sharing trust but you have to be there for at least a year. Right now I live with my parents and I don't plan on moving out for at least a year so I'll probably be able to save quite at least around 15k but I have student loans totaling ~18k and the grace period ends for those next march so it's a bit of a tossup whether I should focus on repaying those or building up savings.
>>
>>1570940
Literal protip: Since you can withdraw the contribution portion any time and the space in the Roth expires every year, it's not unheard of to throw your emergency fund in there. Grab it if you need it, rebuild your e-fund in savings later on if you don't.
>>
>>1570941
priority #1 is always to pay denbts before you start saving or investing since the longer you take to pay it the more you have to pay

my advice to you would be to continue to pay the minimum on your loans until you can set aside $5000 as an emergency fund that you wont use except for something like unexpected medical bills, auto repairs, you lose your job, or your parents kick you out. Once you have that $5k squared away then start paying as much extra into paying down your student loans as you can afford. Once you're debt free then you should revisit saving for your future.
>>
>>1570856
you'll be rich by the time you turn 170

if you invested it in crypto, you could easily make 5% daily.. The profits get less, the more BTC you accumulate, so its not exponential by any means. Still, its better than granny investments
>>
>>1570969
Cryptocoins are a meme
>>
$400 is too little. Minimum $10,000 to enjoy the full benefit of Vanguard.

The future of Vanguard depends on several noteworthy technologies that are being developed right now: electric car, self-driving car, drone, AI worker. If these technologies have very successful adoption all over the world, then Vanguard price will rise a big percentage.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.