[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys know about small-scale viral marketing? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: feistyfoxgetshis(...).jpg (73KB, 1065x1036px) Image search: [Google]
feistyfoxgetshis(...).jpg
73KB, 1065x1036px
What do you guys know about small-scale viral marketing?

I'm starting an online store selling iron-on patches I design
I only need to sell a little under 50 of them to cover the production costs, but what can I do to get the products out there and hopefully start making a consistent profit?

Any and all ideas, links, or info is welcome
>>
What are iron-on patches anon?
>>
>>1570613
Decorative patches you can iron or sew onto your clothes or bags
>>
>>1570609
Affiliate marketing is the best form of advertisement. Find someone with a relatively small social media following (depending on your budget) and pay them to promote it. Works a charm.
>>
>>1570618
How much do these things generally cost? I'm already aware of plenty of patch-themed instagram accounts with tens of thousands of followers that share patches for a price but I'm not sure how much I should expect to pay. I'm probably very susceptible to being swindled in my position
>>
>>1570621
It really depends on the number of followers/likes the account has. Try and find relatively new accounts that wont have recieved an offer for advertisement. They won't know what sort of price to expect therefore you can pay them very little.
>>
>>1570629
This could work, I'll give it a shot. Thanks anon

Still open to anything else I can get
>>
>>1570634
Let me know how you go. Promotion is the hardest aspect of any business.
>>
>>1570634
You could even incentivise them to sell your product. Give them a commision of every sale that was generated through their page.
>>
>>1570655
If I can find a way to do this through bigcartel I'll give this a shot too
>>
>>1570615
>iron on
>sew

Do you even know what you're selling?
>>
>>1570665
Something tells me the misunderstanding here is on your end, my man
>>
>>1570677
Are you targeting a niche? What is your business strategy?
>>
>>1570684
I'm trying to emulate the strategies a few notable patch companies have taken, I'm in contact with one on Instagram and he's been a big help in getting started

I can't afford to sell more than two separate designs but I'm trying to keep a specific target audience in mind with every design. I have tons of rough designs already, some targeted at the tumblr crowd, some the /k/-like crowd, some are literature-themed patches as well, which I noticed there was a significant lack of in other stores
>>
>>1570702
Interesting. I think affiliate marketing is definitely the best strategy in your case. Don't pay anything up front to the affiliates, pay them a commission of every sale generated by them.
>>
What's the margin on your product? I can't imagine you'd make more than a few bucks per product.
>>
>>1570746
Little over six dollars on every sale

At some point I'll adding pins into the mix which can be sold for a few dollars more, possibly t shirts if I see interest
>>
>>1570751
Have you had any sales yet?
>>
>>1570754
My first shipment of patches should be here tomorrow, so no, nothing yet
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-16-20-22-32.png (61KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-16-20-22-32.png
61KB, 540x960px
>>1570609
I know a bit about Etsy and facebook marketing/sales. I'm not an online sales stud, but I'm paying my bills. (pic related)

First, do you have a facebook page? It's fairly essential for generating that first little foothold of free business.
>>
>>1570756
Wouldn't it be simpler if you just drop shipped. You can minimise the postage expenses and you don't have to keep any stock.
>>
>small-scale

Give tumblrinas and DevianTarts a small discount if they post a link on their blogs/journals/etc that stays there for a month. DeviantArt isn't the greatest for sales, but if you do anything even vaguely furry-themed, FurAffinity users have a lot to spend on their yiff commissions.
>>
>>1570760
I do have a Facebook page but it's a ghost town. Activity's going to start up once I get my products and I can start photographing them and supplying discount codes and whatnot . Do you have any tips on what to do with it? I've mainly been Instagram-focused up until now

>>1570763
That'd be really complicated as I'm on a very low budget and my manufacturer is in Taipei. I need to see samples for quality control before every order so that'd get messy fast, certainly at this point when I'm so inexperienced.
>>
>>1570763
How do you drop ship without your customer realizing thats what's happening
>>
>>1570776
You don't. But why does it matter?
>>
>>1570775
Yeah... instagram... my customers are all soccer-moms, so facebook is ground zero for me. I may not have a good enough handle on what you do to advise you on selling stuff to the kids.

To be honest, you may be better served on instagram; still, have you explored etsy as your sales medium. You need a place to sell to girls, and that's where you find them/ they find you.
>>
>>1570783
Right now I'm running off of Big Cartel. Any reasons Etsy is better to use?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-16-20-41-51.png (196KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-16-20-41-51.png
196KB, 540x960px
>>1570793
Again, my knowledge is super limited to what I personally do. If you have something that's working, you should tweak that before changing platforms all together.

To be honest, as this thread progresses, I'm learning how much I don't know.
>>
>>1570805
I'll try to keep track of what works!

Do you mind if I ask what you sell?
>>
Sell off your stock close to cost, it'll let you rotate stock while building your social media portfolio. Im doing the same thing in a way. Art based shit needs a high turn over rate you cant just keep shoving the same design in consumers faces, normies want art to feel refreshing and new.
>>
>>1570958
I build and sell furniture and furniture accessories.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.