[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>21 years old graduated college three months ago. >have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2258.gif (117KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2258.gif
117KB, 500x375px
>21 years old graduated college three months ago.
>have a decent job that pays around 50k before taxes
>finally in a position to start investing
>still living with my parents, planning on moving out next year.

What should I be doing /biz/? My employer doesn't offer 401k matching so I plan on starting a Vanguard account of some sort. But I don't know anything about investing. Also I don't know how long I should be saving before I start looking for a place in the city. My student loan grace period ends in march of next year. Should I start repaying that now? What's the deal with my taxes how should I pay less of them?
Shit was so much simpler when I was poorer.
>>
Start reading. Business magazines, classic literature, biographies, non fiction. If you don't understand investing or geopolitics you may as well still be called a child or woman.
>>
First,you don't move out. Stay with your parents 5 years more minimum. Invest it all in a fund. For example vanguard. Then move out and live off interests and start applying your profession exactly as you were meant to. Investigation or self employment.
>>
>>1568668
but that would kill any chance of getting a gf
>>
>>1568668
Next, stop eating out. Put on some raggy clothes and find out where your city's soup kitchens are.
>>
>>1568793
man
who the fuck still cares about this
>>
>>1568853
This.
Even if you want a girlfriend, I don't see how living with your parents would harm your chances. You are making a conscious decision to live with your parents so you can invest the money you save. You will probably have to fuck girls in your car if you can't bring them home, but who cares. Only a sucker wouldn't take advantage of such an opportunity.
>>
>>1568651
You really should just keep living with your parents
OP.

I don't know what rent prices look like in your location but even assuming 1000 a month, you're talking about a take home pay of 37,000 dollars, 12,000 dollars being taken away for rent, and assuming you eat like a frugal peasant at least 2500 dollars in the year for groceries.

Those expenses don't even exist if you keep living with your parents and having an extra 15k per year is going to allow you to make more investments.

Also
>Student Loans

Why would you even consider leaving now when you probably have a large amount of debt still.
>>
>>1568862
or just don't date for a few years

what are you planning on doing, marrying and having kids? gross
>>
>>1568793

All the 21 year old 8s and 9s are dating (and then being dumped by) that 27 year old with 125k in vanguard and a mortgage deposit who never wasted his early 20s trying to impress the uppity 21 year old 6s and 7s who really want to date the 27 year old mentioned above but will settle for the 22 year old who pays for their rent, by living with him in his 2 bedroom rental through their early 20s, while they look for a 35 year old sucker with 50k in vanguard and a mortgage on a small 3 bedroom... Not the 21 year old mug renting a 2 bedroom flat driving lease hire trying desperately to impress her.
>>
What should I be investing in with a Vanguard account?

Also how does that get taxed?
>>
>>1568953
penny stocks.

i believe you get taxed when you liquidate your assets (sell them). not sure what happens if you reinvest dividends
>>
hooly shit how delusional can you be...

Wealth is rapid increment in profits, not saving while living with your parents.

Also, >>1568875 is a complete autotrenning idiot. 21 yo date 21 yo, romantic love is usually about the genetics, not wealth.

thread is 8/8 b8 m8 me exit read-only
>>
>>1568957
Can you claim anything on losses? ;^)
>>
>>1568661

this is the kind of post someone makes when they think men were more masculine in the past, so they learn about the past to try and become more masculine
>>
>>1568972
What're you talking about. I'm legitimately trying to do all the right things to be in good financial shape
>>
I'm 20 with my only expense being what I buy to raise my credit. I've got about $10000, thinking about doing an IRA. Any other options? Just want safe long-term investments.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.