[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive dropped out of college, moved in with my parents, work a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1002KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1002KB, 1280x1707px
ive dropped out of college, moved in with my parents, work a minimum wage job, and have about 3k in my savings account. i have no skills and no credentials.

if you were me, what would you do with your life?
>>
Look for jobs in your local area. Browse online job boards, local company websites, even craigslist. Apply for anything you feel remotely qualified for.. or get qualified in your free time.
>>
>>1565892
IT certifications. CCNA, microsoft bullshit, comptia bullshit. Apply to a billion help desk jobs and luckbox one of them, get certified while you work there.
>>
military. Lets face it you lack discipline. You deserve to have someone screaming in your face 24/7 for your paycheck. Hopefully you qualify for a position in the military that has use when you get out: mechanic, chef.
>>
>>1565928
This was what I attempted when I was in your position OP, tried to join the navy but was denied due to a medical condition. I think its probably your best bet.

When that didn't work out for me I went back to job hunting and noticed there were a lot of job listings for security guards, so I went out and got a security guard license (took 3 days in a classroom and about $250 iirc) once I got it from the state I applied at the security agencies Securitas and US Security and had a job offer from both within the week. It was only around $3-4 above minimum wage but it was 40hrs a week and the assignments were very simple. Just night watchman, sat at a desk and played civ 5 all night, maybe went on a foot patrol or two. After a few months of getting paid to do nothing it got pretty damn dull and I decided to test myself to see if I was ready to go back to school by taking an EMT class while working. I passed it but instead of going back to school I decided to get a job as an EMT.
>>
>>1565949
is being an EMT worth it? i heard they work crazy and unpredictable hours. is it a bad-knees by 40-tier job?

generally, what is your consesus?
>>
>>1565949
also, are there any oppurtunities for advancement as an EMT?
>>
>>1565892
Learn a trade, so you can work construction or oil rig. Oil rig is hard work but the pay is good. If you don't mind having no life you can even learn on the job, 3-5 years you'll make six figures maybe even more or if you're lucky you'll get to supervise or manage a small crew.
>>
I'm not gonna claim I have anything more figured out than you OP but I used to be in a similar situation as you. Being a NEET at home with parents is frustrating since it's just tiring seeing the same people daily. So I shook shit up and currently gaining hours towards a commercial helicopter license so I can be a cool fag with a neat job.
>>
>>1565892

I'd kill myself.
>>
You can take up Poker. $2000 is more than enough for 1/2.
>>
>>1565892
>if you were me, what would you do with your life?
end it
>>
>>1565892
either army or sales, sales is 100% the most useful skill in the world and army is 100% NEET bucks if you're lazy
>>
>>1565892
I would work construction, realize how fucking bad it would suck to be doing this shit at 50, then go back to school and actually try.

A few years later I would sit around in snow storms shit posting on /biz/
>>
>>1567426
>army
>not marines
kek
>>
>>1567465
>army
>not marines
>marines arez not partis of the armis
>hur durr i am a wize wizerd of the retard
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.