[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dream is to essentially live in isolation away from the general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Squeeze.jpg (42KB, 695x463px)
Squeeze.jpg
42KB, 695x463px
My dream is to essentially live in isolation away from the general population. I don't intend to be a complete hermit but I like the idea of having no one within at least a 5 mile radius. Essentially, giving me complete freedom to do what I want. The obvious problem is cost and employment. How can I achieve my goal?

I work as a data analyst so I'm hoping I can land a job that's almost work from home. Finding a location that isn't insanely expensive like this is what will be difficult.
>>
>>1565425
Where do you want to live? My end goal is to buy land like this and I often bullshit around looking up the price of land near me. Upstate NY is very affordable.
>>
>>1565433
I live Texas which is a pretty good spot but property tax is highest in the country. I don't know how to transition from city to more or less rural life. Sounds expensive.
>>
>>1565453
Join some kind of group that goes camping, hiking etc. Start learning to cook and fix things yourself. Instead of being on facebook in your downtime, teach yourself some skills.
>>
>>1565460

I know how to do a lot of stuff already. Went camping a ton with family when I was younger. I just hear owning land takes a lot more work to maintain
>>
>>1565425
Any where but OPs pic
>>
pimped trailer?
>>
>>1565471
Depends what you want to do with the land. If you want to farm, yeah, that's a lot more work than just renting an apartment.
>>
>>1565482
no farming, just want the space to do whatever I want
>>
this would be cheap to do
https://youtu.be/4IlgVPiDScQ
>>
>>1565425

> Insanely expensive.

Theres tons of places in this country where you can live off the grid for like nothing. Like $1k per acre.

Try the east cost, get a little piece of land and a yurt.
>>
>>1565692
Learn to read you fucktard
>>
>>1565474
That's a pillow with a guys head Photoshopped on
>>
>>1565425
Thanks OP, I'm so triggered by that image that I can't even close my eyes for a second and it's midday.

I'm not going to sleep tonight.
>>
>>1565692
I'll take a look
>>
>>1565425
How do you plan on working from home as a data analyst ?
Freelance jobs ? Finding a startup who doesn't care where you do the work ?
>>
>>1565425
Oh yes! I want to move into the woods, but the woods are owned by the government or hunting companies. (I'm not from the US)
If I'll ever go back to wageslaving I'll save every penny to buy a small house in the woods. I just don't know what I'm gonna do there since every self sufficient stuff(hunting, gathering, farming) is heavily regulated by the government.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.