[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22. I've been working shit jobs since HS and find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0289.jpg (88KB, 386x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0289.jpg
88KB, 386x661px
I'm 22. I've been working shit jobs since HS and find it far too late to stick it out with some shit position whilst putting in a ton of years at school at this poibt in time. All I've worked are warehouse jobs that pay meh but work you in the most mindnumbingly boring manner forever. Not really anywhere to go in these positions. How do I escape this wageslave horseshit without some $5,000 lined up or another guaranteed position?
>>
>>1565287
How much do you have saved up?
>>
>>1565287

That pic gave me the feels.
>>
>>1565307
Nothing really. In a month, I could probably scour a good 1.5k but even then I have no real aim towards any ventures because I don't really know what to do. I just bought some hosting and am planning to setup a supplement dropshipping service because I'm desparate for any capital I can gain to quit down-the-line.

>>1565334
Yeah, shit's horrible. I didn't save when I could've and now expenses are high making it difficult to do so at all.
>>
>>1565385
Dude, save your fucking money. Every move I've been able to make in life has been because I made a good safety net to fall back on. I've gone months without working to make sure I found a good job, and I was only able to do that because I had saved. Start doing a little planning and stop feeling sorry for yourself.
>>
>>1565397
I understand my bitching isn't on a fair foundation. But what you're asking me to do is essentially drone on another few months in vain hope that I might be able to scour a tiny bit of capital for a safety net. But alongside the fact my expenses are continuously getting larger -- I'm not making anything close to enough to see a way out. Even in the instance that I do save money, what other job do i expect to get? No real, non-laborious job gives a shit about warehouse experience. That's why i'm desparately trying dropshipping. I need to make a venture that enables me to get out.
>>
>>1565561
Why are your expenses getting larger? Honestly you sound like you are just really shit at managing your money and looking for a get rich quick scheme. Go into the restaurant business if you're so desperate.
>>
>>1565569
What is "managing money" to you? I'm trying to tell you that I don't want to save because saving requires me to put in months worth of time in my current position. I saved up $4k from my last job in a different warehouse and had to spend it all plus borrowing a little to get a car. Yes, fuckhead, I've made it clear that I want to do something that earns more than a wageslave position -- that was the crux of the thread. Short kindle books, adsense, dropshipping or other online ventures, etc. can all earn you greater income than a shit labor job. That's what I'' trying to get at. Not your idiotic, get rich in four decades, invest in ETFsss!!1!1, buy coinzz, trash.
>>
>>1565287
I will receive the price of a modest house soon so after that I might go half time at work.

€25,000 A year but no mortgage.
>>
>>1565287
>22
>sick of working shit jobs
>doesn't want to go to school

Are you that retarded kid? Get your fucking ass back in school a$ap, or keep working shit warehouse jobs the rest of your life, swilling shit beer and bitching about how the world left you behind.
>>
Its never too late to get yourself a college degree. Go leach off your parents and study. School is better than shitty jobs anyway
>>
>>1565585
>"just go back to sk00l!"
Yeah, great idea. Instead of just working all the time, I should lessen my free time even more by going back to school and then having to work a job I despise full time while going to school full time! And, I mean, come on, it's only for a good three or four years then maybe I'll be lucky to take on a FUCKLOAD of debt and have to work even more in shitty positions!! Fuck yeah!!
>>
>>1565593
I can't. My prents are cunts and refuse to support me. I would've gone back to school years ago if they would support me doing so -- my dad wanted me to work full time in his liquor store for below minimum wage while going to school fulltime. I did it. Contemplated blowing my brains out for a semester befor saying "fuck this"
>>
>>1565582
>Short kindle books, adsense, dropshipping or other online ventures, etc. can all earn you greater income than a shit labor job.

Then fucking do it. You asked us for advice, honestly, the anon telling you to save your money is spot on.

Think longer term. How long have you worked this job? I'm gonna guess another 6 months is a drop in the bucket - but if you save aggressively, like you said, 1.5k a month - you'll have 9k saved. Maybe less if your expenses go up. Let's say you even have 5k saved.

Then what? You quit your job, or go part time and pursue other job opportunities, schooling, or ventures that suit your interest - find a part time job to pay your bills (or most of it) while you lean on your savings as little as possible.

One thing is for sure, you will never make it if you quit your job and have zero income with zero savings. Conversely, you will never make it if you work yourself to death at some wageslave job and have zero time to work on external projects.

Be smart. Work another 6 months (or whatever). Have a savings, then pursue your dreams. The more you have, the longer you can float.
>>
>>1565593
this

Seriously my man, you are 22 for christ sake, it might not feel like it but you are young as fuuuck, you got plenty of time to figure out what it is you wanna do and go back to school to make it happen. If school cost is an issue and you dont want debt there's other options, work your ass off to pay for it, get a tech degree, teach yourself a programming language and get work experience as a shit tier IT guy etc. the options are endless.
>>
>>1565595
dude, school might be a meme but in all honesty any job worth a damn will want a.) a degree of any kind, or b.) equivalent work experience and an assload of work to even get your foot in the door.

Long term school is a much better payoff than busting your ass at 2 jobs to make the same amount of money
>>
>>1565597
Get youself back to that liquor store, idiot. Work on it better than you shitty dad, advertise online, study finance and expande. One day hes gonna retire and it will be your.

At least thats what I would do
>>
>>1565569
Or retail. Doing even a half assed job can get you promoted and earning more. In Australia, low level retail managment is a $48K p/a salary based on about $500 gross per square store - its how most big box pays its managers.

>>1565561
You need to open your eyes and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Use it as your driver, the fuel for where you want to go, the stepping stone for getting out of your predicament.

Thats all i'll say, stop being such a miserable asshole.
>>
>>1565616
This reminds me of a teacher I had who worked for his dad in a small engine repair shop. He closed it at the age of 62 and said to his son, "Have to let you go sorry" and that was that.

Don't expect anything from your parents.
>>
Buy kneepads faggot hahah
>>
>>1565636
>>1565616
My dad's a stupid cunt and if I made a basic graph showing him that X idea I implemented garnered a 200% increase in profits -- he would call me a smartass and tell me to "get back to work." He's like a real life Mr. Krabs. He'd never transfer the position to me.

>>1565606
I don't want a job. Any decent job without a degree will require years of work that I'm never gonna be able to stay brazen through. And to get a degree requires years of, a) schooling and b) income FROM A SHITTY JOB to support that schooling. One way or the other, the path to a degree is not viable to me.

>>1565598
You're very sensible and quite right, anon. My problem is expecting anyone here to suggest ventures to me. Have you heard the story of the mechanic flipping the switch? A major factory has a problem, some guy comes in, flips a switch, charges $100,000. Says the cost of flipping it is $1 and knowing how to flip it is $99,999. I know I can make money refund-scamming Amazon, stealing from walmart or the other methods I listed. I'm looking to make money in my spare time. Not use all my time to save breadcrumps in vain. My friend started some "union info" site where he charges people for advertising and shit. He makes plenty of money and lives alone with his gf. (Yes, I am talking to him about how to start my own.) He never worked a shit job to save up for that. That's my point. I don't want to work to escape working. Do you have any advice? Clearly the thread indicates "no." Thanks for the advice, anon, but no thanks
>>
>>1565287
Community college and become a technician or apprenticeship and become a tradesman.
>>
>>1565719
jesus kid, you are a sad sack of shit you know that?

>waahh my dad won't listen to my 'brilliant' ideas abut how to run his business

he's probably sick of listening to you bitch constantly about how much everything sucks and how the world owes you something, but wait, you're special right?

Here's an idea, go fuck yourself. If you think the world or anyone in it gives one single shit about you, you are dead fucking wrong.

You have shown consistently through this thread that you have zero motivationt o go out and do the things that need to be done in order for you to succeed, guess what kiddo, there are no EASY BUX to be made, there is no MAGIC FORMULA to instantly get rich

> Not use all my time to save breadcrumbs in vain

guess what asshole? ITS ALL FUCKING BREADCRUMBS its just a matter of how hard you work to get more of them than the other guy, get your ass off 4chan, go out into the real world, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIFE, you're just as bad as a fucking welfare rat
>>
>>1565595
Go to trade school you whiny little faggot
>>
>>1565731
Why is everyone on this board so cringey? There are a million ways to make money and because I don't show interest in the slowest and most tiring one, I'm somehow the most entitled whiny brat on Earth? My dad is a stubborn dude. No matter what I used to suggest to him -- he ignored it. Which is why our store is crumbling and becoming less and less profitable every quarter. Where in the fuck did I suggest the world owed me something? I flatout acknowledged that good jobs require years of work I'm not willing to slug over. I have zero motivation? I just said I'm in the process of setting up a dropshipping service and establishing an online board to sell advertising space akin to what a friend of mine is doing. There are PLENTY of easy bucks to be made. Faggots like you are the reason this board sucks because every time someone brings up "easy bucks" you retards gangbang them and go "HUR HUR NO NO, ITS EITHER STOCKS COINS OR A DAYJOB" Do you know what televangelists do? Make millions in "easy bucks." This is exactly why I brought up that technician story. To illustrate your braindead ass that knowing how to make plenty of cash is a matter of KNOWLEDGE. "its a matter of how hard you work"

No wonder you're so fucking buttflustered. If you're this adamant about defending hard labor, low pay work, of course my suggestion that other ways exist would irritate the fuck out of you.
>>
>>1565813
If you have it all figured out, why did you even start this thread?
>>
File: lol.jpg (66KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
66KB, 640x366px
>>1565813
get raped faggot

I hope you have an accident at work and have to live in a wheelchair too
>>
>>1565825
I was hoping some people would suggest other ventures or things they are currently doing on the side that earn them a small pool of capital. Some guy once told me that you can falsely report undelivered products to Amazon and they would refund you the money and you could sell the product. Guess what earned me a quick $300? I just want to know what lesser known methods people have employed to earn them gradual income. But I've made multiple threads here and the advice is always the same: a) "JUST SAVE LEL" or b) "hahahahaha here's a funny joke -- suck dicks!!!1! hahahhha"
>>
File: No Dream.jpg (120KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
No Dream.jpg
120KB, 720x720px
>>1565287
You make money through your worth to society.

Prove to society you're worth more.

The best and easiest way is to go to school.

The easiest and best way to go through school would be a business school.

Major in something you're interested in.
>>
Don't worry about the wagies here OP most of /biz/ is still trying to rationalize the fact that they wasted 4 years to get a meme degree that lands them a 40K job. Notice all the

>tfw accounting economics business degree can't into a job???

Threads?

They are entitled wagie cucks that dream of breaking the mould by winning it big on the crypto/stock market. When you suggest working smarter for yourself instead of harder for someone else you are directly contradicting their way of life this rustles the wagie

The only escape is discipline. Time is your most valuable asset even more valuable then money. Doesn't matter if you're worth 100 dollars or 10 billion your time > money. Discipline you're time. If you can accomplish this the disciple will flow into every other aspect of your life including your finances.
>>
>>1565582
>I don't want to save

ding ding ding

This can pretty much sum up 90% of the threads on this board.

Ever hear the phrase "A penny saved is a penny earned?", you faggot?
>>
>>1566312
But getting a meme degree actually IS playing it smart. I went to school for three years and landed a 40k/year salaried job with benefits and bonuses. Many people I went to school with still work in retail or are getting real meme degrees (law school) whilst bitching on reddit about how expensive it is to live in the city. Yeah, on a Starbucks wage it is. Especially when you feel entitled to all the new toys from Apple and refuse to consider any housing outside of the entertainment district. You just have to get an associate's degree (a diploma) in some tech, engineering, or construction field. Reality is that a guy who studied for four or six years to your two or three will be starting off doing the exact same job as you because the market is so oversaturated now, but the difference is that by the time he graduates and starts working, you're going to have paid off your tuition and will have a couple years' head start in terms of industry experience. That is the real redpill.
>>
>>1565287
It's pretty sad how on point that pic is. I'm actually quite happy with my job but a lot of those things are just part of my normal routine. Even the part about the cold medicine, which I use sometimes to stay awake when I sleep too late and end up unable to function during the day.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.