[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping me from setting up a gofundme page that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1471346711871.jpg (158KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471346711871.jpg
158KB, 720x480px
What's stopping me from setting up a gofundme page that I need money for a surgery and getting the money when I don't need any surgery?
>>
>>1564328
Nobody will donate much to a complete stranger
>>
Your parenting.
>>
nothing apart from criminal law (fraud).
>>
>>1564411
How is that possible though?
>>
>>1564435
well, if you want to get the money out of gofundme there's a paper trail to your person. so you're banking on nobody getting suspicious and alerting authorities. it's a fair bet, you know the risk, you know the benefits. the choice is yours.
>>
>>1564343
Not entirely true. You'd have to pull off an intricate and touching story to get widespread attention and sympathy.

Then >>1564411 happens.

OP go read some articles on people trying to pull this shit, see what happens, then reconsider.
>>
>>1564454
What if I make some kind of proxy bank to store the money. It'll work with a story that involves being a third world shit hole.
>>
>>1564467
What do I even look for? I google'd Gofundme scams and it was just people creating pages like "please gib me dats, i want a new car". That's hardly a scam..
>>
>>1564570
Add "fraud arrest" to your search. You're not looking for ongoing scams, you're looking for those who got caught.
>>
>>1564328

Your conscience.

Or are you like Shillary and have no soul?
>>
>>1564328
LITERALLY nothing

I know a guy who pulled that off by pretending that his niece had cancer. The image of the girl was pulled from the net and was literally reverse-searchable

5k in 30 days.
>>
>>1564967
link to article? curious how this looked like
>>
File: farley.png (604KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
farley.png
604KB, 1280x694px
>>1564967
Well not me PERSONALLY, but this guy I know.
Him and her GOT. IT. ON.
WHOOOOHOOOO!
>>
>>1564328
It could work if you pretend to be a cute girl or a little kid. Or say you're gay. People love fags.
>>
Start a black lives matter fundraiser to help repair black neighborhoods destroyed by racist white looters
>>
okay what about if you kickstart a device in which the idea is incredible and it solves a problem many people are currently having. it works as advertised but theres a fundamental flaw that will definitely receive negativity. is it immoral to shill a shitty product that has potential to make me a ton of money?
>>
>>1564491
if you're dumb enough to think you can scam people without already having an air tight way to get away with it, you deserve to go to jail when they catch you for it. which they will.
>>
>>1564328
The fact that if you did, you'd be a shitcunt.
>>
I know someone who went to prison for doing something very similar.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.