[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to find a job A McDonald's near me is hiring. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

I need to find a job

A McDonald's near me is hiring. Should I apply? Everyone always memes about McDonald's but how bad is it really?
>>
>>1564199
Dubs say you should apply.
>>
If it's your only option then take it
>>
>>1564206
>>1564215
It seems decent

>discount on food
>highschool qts working there
>bretty easy

Is there any serious downsides? I'm a 20 year old virgin btw
>>
>>1564199

Do it. Grind it out. Save a couple grand then jump ship and move on to something else.
>>
>>1564199
I worked at Wendy's in high school. Wasn't a bad job really. I enjoyed it and made friends with my coworkers.
>>
>>1564199
I suggest you apply. Better than staying unemployed. Seems like the upside > downside.
>>
>>1564199
It's a class thing.
>>
>>1564228
Will I lose my virginity maybe?

>>1564227
Like what?
>>
>>1564199
i dont know how it works at mcdonalds, but at dunkin donuts its really easy to get promotions.

before i left to get my first tech job they were already offering me a $3 raise and a supervisor position. (was there about 10 months)

my uncle in law, owns like 4 dunkins the next town over, clears nearly 100K a year.

he started making donuts, now hes making the cash.

lots of retail chains actually have lots of ways to advance in the company AS LONG AS YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR JOB.

within 2 years at yankee candle you can be given your own store.

if you actually work hard, you can turn that shitty wage salve job into an acceptable and comfy wage slave job.

if you live in florida, go fucking work for publix retard, shits super easy to get promotions by what i hear, and pure base pay is like $1 higher than minimum, where mcdonalds WILL be minimum.

avoid walmart as i've heard that takes too much ass kissing to advance.
>>
>>1564199
>I need to find a job
>Should I apply?

Yes
>>
>>1564199

every job in a civilized country is usually much better than unemployment

use your chance, or else you will regret it. you can still leave and apply elsewhere any moment
>>
>>1564234
Maybe, most of the sex that happened at my Wendy's was between ugly lesbians
>>
I worked at mcdonalds at 15 (5 yrs ago) for 3 months, ask me anything.

My main duties were:
"Cabinets" -
basically one guy would start to make the food and then I'd put the meat on the burger, or someone would throw me a box of 10 McNuggets down the line and I'd fill it up with 10 nuggets etc
-Fries
This one was more of a bitch, since the one I worked for was constantly busy, scoop the fries, salt then, refill the hopper thing, constantly..

That was basically the extent of what I did, the best part of the job was that I got a free meal, and could eat whatever the fuck I want, the only thing was that I had to make it myself obviously and write it down so that they could cover the losses. This was great though because I could eat cool things that I would never have tried before, for example some guys would put a tortilla, some cheese, and some other shit and throw it on the grill, and try to fuck around with a bunch of other shit. I also had never worked breakfast shift, only lunch and dinner.
>>
Go do some labor intensive work it will toughen you up
>>
>>1564225
No reason not to do it. Go there, be nice, do your fair share of work. Save your money. Don't spend, invest.

Not so bad, but get out after at least 1-2 years.
>>
>>1564199
Just the fact that you're considering it and it's "not beneath you" makes you far better than 99% of the fucktards out there. You have nothing to lose. Go for it.
>>
Work night shifts at a Sheetz. I made $11/hour there working 20-30 hours a week during Uni. Literally don't do shit really. We had 3 people working nights even though only 1 could run the place. I just sat outside smoking cigarettes and doing homework. Maybe 1-2 people a hour would come in.
>>
>>1564199
just dont eat the food retard.
>>
i hear mcdonalds doesnt look that bad on your CV cause it can get so stressy it shows you can take a bit of pressure
>>
I used to work for a multimillionaire Wharton graduate who lives in Greenwich, CT. Was trying to hook up a friend by passing the resume, who was worried about their work experience(they did work at McDonald's). Dug up a comment from his e-mail from nearly 10 years ago: "I am a veteran of mowing lawns, lifeguarding pools, and food service. This is the stuff of greatness, go for it!"
>>
>>1564199
iv'e heard many employers will like to see mcdonalds on a resume as they teach you decent work ethic and how to work efficientlly (or so ive heard)

the main thing is that its a job, and you will make money, you have to start somewhere.
>>
Okay guys ill give it a shot.

if anything I suppose I could work there for a while why I search for a new job.
>>
>>1564199
no
>>
>>1564240
Walmart is very cliquey. Kinda sucks that its not a meritocracy because about 4 promotions in youre making 6 figures. I was an overnight stocker there got a few comfy raises and offered a promotion (lower net pay because id lose my overnight premium, but higher "ranking"). Management changed from decent bro who talked sports and valued hard work to some egotist douche who didnt give a flying fuck about productivity as long as you toed his arbitrary line (ie clocking in earlier than scheduled, tucking in your shirt, black/blue socks). He instituted a few new stupid rules like only using one baler in the store at a time to save electricity. I told him that was the dumbest fucking thing ive ever heard. I was fired the next day for using obscenity in the breakroom. A few weeks later bro boss got his own store (~$200k salary + bonuses) and offered me a supervisor job. I had already moved on tho. Miss that job sometimes but not the graveyard hours.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.