[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been studying up on the art of influencing people and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: followme.png (75KB, 725x314px) Image search: [Google]
followme.png
75KB, 725x314px
I've been studying up on the art of influencing people and getting them to do things that you want, and the main point of it all is basically to make them want to do it. But here's my problem: how do you find out what motivates specific people to do things? How to find out that particular fish's preferred bait without directly asking them? How did Steve Job's convince all those people to work for him even though they were getting fucked over? Is it something some people just inherently have or can this trait be learned?
>>
By talking to them conversationally and being candid.

>How did Steve Job's convince all those people to work for him even though they were getting fucked over?
Appealed to their ego, stroking it with charm and hyperbolic compliments and other times bullying and denigrating them.
>>
>>1563391
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs

that's a good start. also recognize fear is beneath a lot of emotions and is perhaps the strongest motivator. anger, jealousy, selfishness, greed all stem from fear so if you can figure out how to play off someone's fear, you can manipulate them easily.
>>
>>1563391
Having said that, you should not look to Steve Jobs is a terrible role model for manipulation because he had this huge reputation that allowed him to get away with stuff - just like Stanley Kubrick. Although Stanley Kubrick was far more subtle and long-game in his manipulation, he did - after all like to remind people he was a fine Chess player.
However both people were known as "geniuses" you're just some shmoe, you'll get told to fuck off if you go full Steve Jobs.

For begingers, you need to try the Louis Theroux/Columbo approach
>Hides his intelligence
>Gets people to be very candid and uncensored
>Gets people to reveal their weaknesses because they think you won't exploit them

But the best advice I can offer is to become a great conversationalist.
Then you can move onto "framing".
Learning how to cold-read people is good too.
>>
>>1563430
Op is retard'e
You should watch some old Ali G interviews
>>
>>1563438
not bad advice. ali g had everything planned beforehand and manipulated the people to give him what he wanted.
>>
>>1563438
>>1563447

Aigh't brother you got a point.

but also take it with a grain of salt: that shit is also edited. Just like the Colbert report interviews
>>
>>1563391
>people want happiness, wealth, fame, power, in many forms.
>find that form and poke it
>make them realise they want to take that form
>subtly show you can provide it, using passion and genuine interest
>>
File: 1475931838620.png (134KB, 259x365px) Image search: [Google]
1475931838620.png
134KB, 259x365px
>>1563424
>anger, jealousy, selfishness, greed

>>1563391
It's funny how you guys are reading books like that. Can you really *learn* how to manipulate others from a book? I really don't think so. It should be a natural thing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.