[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As an Englishman, where the hell am I supposed to be investing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (44KB, 403x250px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
44KB, 403x250px
As an Englishman, where the hell am I supposed to be investing my money at the moment?
>>
>>1562779
Natural treasures.
>>
>>1562779
Ahmedcoin
>>
you aren't, emigrate to germany while there's still time
>>
>>1562779

buy commemorative plates that celebrate the greatness of the british empire.
>>
>>1562779

Invest in the LSE of course if stock investing is your thing. If not, keep a diversified basket of index tracker funds. I personally am fond of vanguard's developed world ex-uk equity fund, the vanguard emerging markets equity fund, the vanguard global small-cap fund, and the vanguard uk inflation linked gilts fund.

I plan to throw in 1 actively managed fund, and a vanguard short dated corporate bonds fund.

Sign up for an account with Charles Stanley since fund investing is free there, and if you trade shares once a month at least, they let you off the platform fees for that month.
>>
>>1562779
Deposit your pounds into this automated binary system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbesLS68GE
Trade in dollars with the robot and be rich when the storm is gone
>>
>>1562779
FTSE100 bitch.

The weak pound is good for multinationals.
>>
>>1562779
London has fallen
We must rescue the Queen
erotic adventures follow..
>>
>>1564009

Mike, do you honestly make your money through automated binary options or are you trying to start a youtube dosh business
>>
Bitcoin
>>
>>1562779
Curry wholesalers
>>
>>1562986
Well naturally that's where I keep the majority of my capital, but what if I want to diversify?
>>
>>1562779
US Equity
>>
Seriously though OP, peer to peer is pretty sexy at the moment and doesn't seem to have been affected adversely by brexit or the BoE rate drop. Possibly the opposite in fact.
>>
shorting the cable
>>
>>1565186

I have been using P2P since 2012 and its ok.

The rates have been going down each year and failures going up, especially since lots of "ethnic wholesalers" and such are getting onboard.

If you do P2P never ever use the auto invest. Vet each and stay away from Pakis. I also try to only invest in asset backed loans but now these are pretty rare too
>>
>>1562779
In a TV license.
>>
Wait 2 months and buy up some mining stocks listed on the LSE.

The pound is too low to try to get out into foreign markets, you've got to try to wait it out and hope for a better exchange rate.
>>
File: 1476293390394.jpg (179KB, 713x914px) Image search: [Google]
1476293390394.jpg
179KB, 713x914px
Mexican Peso
>>
>>1562909

This.
Not even kidding. Refugee memes aside, Germany will always stand strong economically. Even Deutsche Bank tanking doesn't change anything about that
>>
>>1566150
>you've got to try to wait it out and hope for a better exchange rate.

Disagree. I can see the Pound falling further. If/When Article 50 is triggered I can see another big drop to match the Euro.

I would hope that it will start to creep back up again over time but probably over years rather than months.

If the whole banking sector moves from London over into EU nations It could be more permanent damage.
>>
>>1566306

Why would it drop on when it's triggered? It won't be a surprise that it's happening so will be valued in long before the day, what retards would suddenly start selling as though it's unexpected
>>
>>1566306
>if the whole banking sector moves from London over into EU nations

That's never going to happen famalam.

Only the euro clearing functions will move. Plus London is fucking awesome and the bankers are over compensated here. Paris and Frankfurt don't even come close.

But yes, our markets are kill when article 50 pops.
>>
>>1566473
Uncertainty.

It's unlikely that UK will have trade agreements and legislation 100% done in time.
>>
>>1562779
You supposed to be TRADING THE SWINGS LAD. Buy that Pound, and gold while it's cheap and when you pull a modest profit move on to the next (relatively) big thing.

Investing is over rated until the field is cleared.

You can't play a decent game when both teams players on the field are waddling knee deep in shit surrounded by a crowd of stupid, drunk spectators.
>>
>>1567028
And the on field mob of speculators spends the whole game getting hammered screaming GO OVERTIME!!!!!
>>
>>1562779
The same place as anyone else half a brain - US Small Caps
>>
>>1566223

>giving free money to every brown person on earth, huge net loss
>massive decrease in security and trust in the government
>giving free money to every shitty Euro country no matter howe retarded they act again and again
>bound to other shitty Euro countries with currency, can tank without it being Germanys fault any year now
>shit birth rate
>pushing for meme green energy that costs billions and then still buying dirty energy from France because shit doesnt work out
>borderline dictatorship

Germany is kill
>>
>>1562779
USD
JPY
British companies that sell overseas.
>>
>>1566079
This

As an american I use lending club and the default rate is getting ridiculous
>>
>>1562779
Should have dumped money into Tesco shares a few months back when they crashed. They just hit 200 again, and there's further to go.
They climb, then dip a bit, and then climb up further.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.