[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUMBASS QUESTIONS THREAD I'll start- So, I keep seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

DUMBASS QUESTIONS THREAD

I'll start-
So, I keep seeing stories like 'X asked for $20k, but got $100k'
What the fuck do I do with the rest if this happens? How much can I legit spend as 'salary' for myself?
I gotta eat and live, so say I raise that $100k, do I have to spend that all on the business?
>>
>>1562458
What's the fucking context
>>
>>1562766
The context is, for instance, I keep seeing successful projects on crowdfunding sites,
Where they get more than what they asked for.

>asked for $20k capital
>received $100k

Not all of them obviously, but it seems the top 20% of successful projects seem to attract a surplus of cash.

Specifically, product development, a work of art, book, play, project, etc

Is it just expected that all that money gets spent on the project?

I know, people have worse problems, and having 'too much money' is a nice problem to have, I just don't wanna scam anyone or be a total Jew, it's just that naturally, there is gonna be a time cost to this, and that means other means of income will likely have to be set aside in order to complete the project.

Say with he above example,the full cost of delivering said project is $50k, so it was more than the $20k I expected, I have a $50k surplus, now what? Is that just mine to spend? Am I expected to just splurge it on marketing, etc?
>>
>>1563650

Usually the terms of how the money is to be spent is included in the crowd funding campaign. Some campaigns are purely for business capital (so a product can be manufactured at a lower cost, say), and sometimes they might include a salary or some sort of payment for the person or company.
One of the caveats of "investing" in crowd funding campaigns is that after you put up the money you don't have a day in how your money is put to use, and you can find many, many successful campaigns where the money ended up being squandered.
>>
Dumb question as a beginning trader, starting with roughly $5,000 in equity. How do I beat the fees associated with trading individual stocks? Or would it be better to just invest it in a mutual fund?
>>
>>1564050
You're not going to. Just make sure you're profits are big enough you can cover it.
>>
>>1564075
So you are destined to never make improvements until you invest significantly more capital?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.