[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Harvard at 55k a year >Northeastern at 15k a year >Boston

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: college.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>Harvard at 55k a year
>Northeastern at 15k a year
>Boston University for free

Which is the best investment for a computer science graduate /biz/? Also general college thread
>>
To be clear, I meant for a comp sci major. I'm not going for graduate school yet
>>
I went to northeastern

what a fucking shithole

worst waste of money of my entire life

go to BU you idiot
how is it free, is your father a professor or something
>>
>>1559974
What didn't you like about it? And through the Trustee Scholarship. Although this is all speculation at the moment, these numbers are what early financial reads at admissions have given me
>>
>>1559969

Boston For sure if its free. Its nice having 0 debt after college. Don't have to worry about shit.
>>
>>1559979
well i wasnt in comp sci so I cant speak about that program

I spent 3 years as a biochem major before I realized I hated it and switched to business school where I got a bullshit accounting degree in 2 years with 10% of the effort I had been putting into the sciences

its just a shitty school that tries to really sell you on its "Co-op" program which is basically a forced internship but is really just a waste of everyones time
>>
>>1559982
True, do you not think a better brand name is worth paying for?
>>
>>1559985
Ah I gotcha. I've attended a few comp sci classes there and it seemed like a really solid program I'd enjoy, but maybe it would be different if I had to take the full-on course
>>
>>1559969
Harvard University because it's fucking Harvard. You are guaranteed a job and many scholarships and opportunities will be available at Harvard. Boston University isn't as good as Harvard and it's not ivy league. Northeastern is the worst choice of the 3 you can make. Girls come from BU just to fuck Harvard guys. Go to Harvard and get guaranteed A's it's worth the money.
>>
>>1559992
also theres nothing interesting to do around the NU area

BU is big and theres lots of shit going on all over the place

I used to go to BU parties in allston often
>>
>>1559969
Also I guess we can thrown in
>Boston College at 55k a year
But they're kinda shite at comp sci
>>
>>1559993
Thats what I was thinking at first but also like Harvard's comp sci program is pretty shitty, northeasterns is up there with them which is pitiful for an ivy. But maybe the name would be enough even if the actual education is weak
>>
>>1559969
>>1559993
My understanding is that Harvard will pretty much pay for you to go if you got in and need the help, so you most likely come from decent money. Even if your parents won't fully pay for it, I would say Harvard if they are helping and you can handle some debt. Obviously if you would need to go 200k in the hole on your own it's pointless.
>>
>>1560020
I come from a good financial background so I'm not getting money off, but my parents aren't helping pay
>>
I had the qualifications to go to Ivies and opted for a good engineering state school instead. If you put a decent amount of effort into your classwork and getting a solid internship you'll have plenty of opportunities. I interned at a very well-known ecommerce company and even after graduating that company really makes my resume golden compared to others. I was CS too by the way.

This advice probably doesn't apply to other sectors (like finance). Tech companies seem to be aware that there are great minds outside of Ivies that are worth tracking down.

I'm really enjoying having zero debt.
>>
>>1559986
BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA absolutely not if you're talking undergrad you can pay for your masters and get that for free if you do well enough
>>
Harvard, it's the only school of the three that will guarantee you land a job.
>>
>>1560003
>Harvard CS program is shit
What the fuck are you talking about? You do realize that cs50 is widely acknowledged to be the best introductory CS course available today, right?
>>
>>1559969
why not MIT niqqa
>>
Forget Northeastern. This is purely about tuition.

I would make absolutely, positively fucking sure that you wouldn't get jack from Harvard before opting for BU. If you study CS and take an internship you'll get a decent job out of college no matter what, and if it were any other school I would tell you to just go to the one that won't cost anything, but it's fucking Harvard. You'll kick yourself for the rest of your life for not taking that opportunity.
>>
>>1560296
Not true if he's an autist that can't network.

>>1560299
True.
>>
>>1559969
neither, leave that shithole massachusetts you ignorant faggot
>>
go to a school where you know you can fit (or act) the part. networking opportunities dont mean anything if everyone thinks youre beneath them.
>>
>>1559969
Harvard. Why is this even a question? If youre this stupid youre not getting into harvard
>>
>>1560029
Take them to court then, they are legally required to.
>>
>>1560647
Lol wtf are you talking about. No theyre not you entitled faggot
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.