[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So any of you guys read any success books? A friend lend me this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

So any of you guys read any success books? A friend lend me this book and was wondering if it does help.
>>
File: bizlit3.jpg (2MB, 2845x1682px) Image search: [Google]
bizlit3.jpg
2MB, 2845x1682px
EDUCATE YOURSELF!
>>
>>1559789
I read it. More of a motivational book. Did it help me? I guess not overall. I got more out of Cashflow quadrant.
>>
>>1559800
Did you do what it told you to do?
>>
>>1559789
As an Autismo I found "Games People Play" to be a good primer on how most people behave. It is horribly oversimplified but you got to start somewhere.

I also read a butt load of 'body language' books back in the day... I don't recommend it. Especially if your gut feeling about people is accurate.

Robert Cialdini's "Influence" seems like it'd be a good read.

However I haven't found any books that I genuinely felt helped me advance or improve as a human being.

I really want to read "Spark Joy". I'm a messy motherfucker and tidy room/tidy mind seems like that's some shit that is really happening, more to the point it seems like it could work well with some David Allen GTD shit in keeping you productive.
>>
>>1561393
You could also try "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up".
>>
>>1561595
Same author I believe.

But the stuff in Spark Joy about where you keep your newspapers, periodicals and books really stuck me as being this sort of nexus between having a clean home and being orderly and productive -- is there anything about that in "life Changing Magic..."?

I'm really just interested in doing things faster, it's less about the tidiness, although there is a compelling argument for "tidy room - tidy mind" I'm quite happy with my messiness because I KNOW where everything is.

I know that the particular book I'm looking for is underneath that copy of Dubliners, which is underneath my heavy metal cassettes.

But like I said -- my concern is doing shit, doing it faster. That's the /biz/ way yeah?
>>
Think and Grow Rich is probably the comfiest success book I've ever read.

Personally, I've always like The Magic of Think Big and The Slight Edge, while the latter is more of a self-improvement book, it could also be applied to acquiring lucrative skills.
>>
>>1563152
*The Magic of Thinking Big
>>
>>1559801
Writing stuff down or imagining people?
yes and no
>>
>>1559789

I dunno. I'd really be interested in a book that doesn't tell a success story, but rather compiles people's fuckups and analyzes them.
>>
>>1563191
>but rather compiles people's fuckups and analyzes them.
Now that would be an interesting read.
>>
Actually can anybody reccomend me some good /biz/ biographies, I've read two books on Steve Jobs, which is certainly interesting in terms of selling and marketing and generally how to be a Machiavellian doucheacanoe but understandably being a biography and needing to appeal to plebs it's they were a little light on the financial/business particulars in favor of narrative.

Anyone know any biographies that give insight into a successful man while also giving some good business lessons?
>>
>>1563278
I personally don't but something I avoid are biographies and self-help books that are anecdotal.

Some people are lucky. Right place and right time. Right moves on the chess board. Constantly changing their initiative to get the best of the moment.

Best business lessons you learn by learning business law to the best of your ability and studying the current market.

Just my opinion though. Sorry I can't help more.
>>
48 Laws of Power
>>
>>1563307
Your opinion gave me pause for thought. Care to elaborate on the Business law thing though?

All my reading on business looks strictly at strategy and marketing so that's an angle I never considered.
>>
>>1559789

The Game was pretty good, good story of social dynamics and techniques to be a more charming man

Never Cold Call Again had some pretty good basics of sales.

Currently reading 48 laws of power. its' pretty good.
>>
Only book I need is the Holy Quran brother
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.