[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean when more and more restaurants close in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: chef.png (67KB, 395x578px) Image search: [Google]
chef.png
67KB, 395x578px
What does it mean when more and more restaurants close in a neighbourhood?
>>
>>1559542
it means the remaining ones are better at business
>>
>>1559542
they are too expensive. try going small in a foodtruck or some shit. people will spend small bucks on it nonstop.
>>
>>1559668
FPBP
>>
>>1559832
This. A lot of people's brain works in a way that they will never buy expensive shit but think they aren't wasting money buying small things. When my parents take my Sister shopping she always talks about how she would never buy a $500 pair of jeans because she can't afford it, but will buy 10 $50 jeans in one day. What's the fucking difference?

Same thing with food. People think they're too poor to spend $30 at Applebees, but will spend $10 a day at McDonald's.
>>
>>1559841
>what's the difference

You get 10 pairs instead of 1
>>
>>1559832
>>1559841

t. poor people

Do you really believe this? A restaurant is a business like any other; there are many more factors to consider than cost. If many food places are closing across the spectrum, it probably indicates a demographic issue with the area.
>>
>>1559882
Interesting because that's what I was thinking. Either the customers are not enjoying the experience in that restaurant any more (for the price) or they have moved out. It's probably a bad sign for the neighbourhood which is becoming poorer.
>>
>>1559542
it means chef PEPE keeps putting poo in the food
>>
>>1559542
because millenials are too entitled and lazy to work so they're all broke. Gen x finished college in a recession too, worked shit jobs, eventually saved up and moved to the burbs
>>
>>1559542
It means there were too many restaurants and some of them had to go.
>>
>>1559542
What tier of restaurant?

Are we talking fast food? Fine dinning? le quirky hipster concepts that stopped being cute very fast?
>>
>>1561321
Fine dining
>>
>>1561335
Oh then it's probably very simple.
They were first time restaurant owners who collectively misunderstood the difficulty in running a restaurant.

Location was bad or inappropriate in the first place, but because of herd mentality they all built in the same neighborhood "well he built his there, so I'll do the same".

Might even be a seasonal thing, restaurants open up during the spring, 6 months of good business, winter comes around, people staying at home because it's grim and cold... oh fuck... cashflow!?
>>
>>1559880
this. how much fucking more obvious can it be
>>
>>1561277
Gen X are all overgrown broke teenagers with barbed wire tattoos though
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.