[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> apply to Big4 as experienced hire > finally get interview

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: big-4.jpg (40KB, 628x300px) Image search: [Google]
big-4.jpg
40KB, 628x300px
> apply to Big4 as experienced hire
> finally get interview
> "we'll get back to you within 2 weeks"
> two and a half weeks of radio silence goes by
> check in with recruiter
> "We've received positive feedback and you're in our pipeline to move on to the next steps. Standby."

Anyone have knowledge of the Big4 recruitment process and know what exactly is going on and how much longer I can expect to be in hiring limbo?

And inb4 "I applied to KPMG/EY/PWC/Deloitte as a college/MBA/law student, interviewed alongside 70 other people, and we all received an offer/rejection the next day." My understanding is they all have separate hiring systems for experienced and university hires.
>>
>>1559290
Dude I told you before, if you didn't hear within 24hrs you aren't their #1 guy. You haven't heard within 2weeks? Definitely not their #2 guy.

>I applied to all big4
>interviewed at all big4

Went to UofI, they recruit heavy from my school. I applied as a student and as an experience worker and know the ins and outs. You're not hearing back
>>
Each big 4 has a different hiring process. Some are separate, some are centralised, some will be very quick and others are not.

I interviewed for KPMG and didn't hear back until about two weeks with rejection, I interviewed with PwC and got an offer after about a week or more, and applied for EY and heard nothing for 3 months.

I would keep your hopes and expectations low but it is certainly possible to still get an offer after a few weeks.
>>
>>1559791
Thanks for the insight. I'm taking the assumption an offer will not be coming my way, but a definitive yes/no would be nice.
>>
>>1559290
I hope you at least followed up with a thank you note after the interview. Doubt it moves the needle much, but I think this is pretty much standard practice by now.
>>
>>1559861
Yes I would start applying elsewhere and reviewing your resume, cover letter and interview process for places where you could improve just in case. The anxiety of waiting for an answer kills me sometimes, the worst was waiting for IBs that took about 6 odd months to send rejections out for their interships
>>
>>1559868
>he thanks his slave master
>>
>>1559868
Of course I did.

>>1559875
Done and done. In the next week I have two 3rd round interviews, two phone screens, and a 2nd round Skype interview. I've also rejected a couple offers: one where the salary was too low, the other seemed great on paper, but would've been a terrible culture fit (my interviewer - who was 20 mins late - spent almost the entire time hyping their office ping-pong tables and kitchen snacks. When I asked about organization direction, he gave me a weasel answer acted like it wasn't important. No thanks). Thankfully, I have more than enough savings and I'm at place in my career where I can be picky about where I want to work. Everyone I know at Big4 firms absolutely loves their jobs, so it would be cool if an offer actually happens. But there are other opportunities out there.
>>
>>1559892
>he enjoys being poor

What do you do for a living, buddy? Cryptocurrency mastermind, I assume?
>>
File: 1412818976600.png (28KB, 382x478px) Image search: [Google]
1412818976600.png
28KB, 382x478px
I got this email today

"Dear -anon-,

Congratulations! We have placed you in our Intern, Finance Pool for future hire. The pool means that we would like for you to join our -company name- family as soon as an additional position becomes available.

We thank you for spending your day with us and look forward to working with you just as soon as more vacancies become available. If your contact information changes or you are no longer interested in this position, please contact me so I can update your records."

I don't know what this means
>>
>>1559937

Orgy invitation.
>>
>>1559290
This thread again
>>
lmao all my co-grads have standing offers from each of the big 4
>>
>>1559933
Freelancing <3
>>
>>1561642
That (((ID))) tho
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.