[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there a worse life handicap than graduating during the 2008

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1470377430572.jpg (133KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1470377430572.jpg
133KB, 480x360px
Was there a worse life handicap than graduating during the 2008 hyper-recession?

I graduated in 2008 and only just started to catch up with the class of 2012

Old anons, what was your 2008 recession experience like?
>>
>>1557210
I had a multimillion dollar client stop work and back out of a contract.

by 2009 they came back though, so nothing was lost except time.

also I bought 2 vehicles in 08-09. Car companies were collapsing and cars were getting repo'd all over so I got a fullsize dodge ram for half of book value and a brand new Avenger for $10k.

that was also the year they were giving away free dodge avengers to anyone that bought a new Ram. I didn't do that deal, but it was pretty sweet.
>>
>>1557210
>Was there a worse life handicap
My friend lost his dog in a tragic blimp accident.
>>
>>1557210
>graduated high school in 2008
>was able to get out before they did more budget cuts to education
>younger kids than me are stupid as hell.

Even people older than me are just as dumb. I swear to god people can't even do basic shit.

I by no means think I am a genius since my lazy ass is working at grocery store while half assing college. *sigh*
>>
>>1557210

i graduated from college in 2002. i had no idea what i was doing, i struggled a lot to get interviews and i had no idea what i doing in interviews. 6 months after i graduated i finally had a job.

by 2008, i was working at an investment firm. after Lehma, the firm bailed out their money market funds, losing over $500m. 1/4 of the company was laid off.

i wasn't laid off, but i could see that it wasn't long - almost everyone in my group was canned. i went to graduate school, i finished in 2010. i had 2 interviews where the companies stopped all hiring. i moved back in with my parents, and basically restarted my life.
>>
>>1557501
Laughed a little
>>
>>1557986
It's not funny.
He got caught up in one of the mooring lines and was dragged for miles until he hit an Arby's billboard and died on impact.
>>
>>1558007
Youre right, its hilarious
>>
>>1558079
I can never enjoy another Beef N' Cheddar.
Even if they do go back to 3 for $5.
The worst part is, they left the board a mess because the company said it looked like barbecue sauce from a distance anyway.
>>
Studies have shown that starting work during a recession impacts the person many years after graduation and overall lifetime earnings are lower
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.