[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does money buy you happiness? https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Does money buy you happiness?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQleT6BtCbE
>>
>>1556627
sort of
>>
>>1556627
Money solves a lot of problems but opens its own can of worms.

With money, all of a sudden you can buy a fast car, live in a nice house, etc and it's bullshit to say that doesn't make you happier.

At the same time, your interpersonal relationships become much more fake and unnatural. You worry that your wife/gf only is with you for your money and you worry that your friends are only yes men who want a piece of the pie.
>>
>>1556627
Til a point. For the average, $75,000/ year is when it stops helping.
>>
>>1556627
All I know is that the lack of money brings misery
>>
>>1556627
Money doesn't buy happiness but you can't be happy without money.
>>
>>1556655
Yea you can
>>
>>1556627

It's the foundation for it, but you still have to build the rest of the house.

and maintain that house.
>>
>>1556627
Only if you can pretend and be content to be middle class together with your family.
But humans are all about greed and envy.
And it will come crashing down.
>>
It does for me
>>
>>1556650
>it's bullshit to say that doesn't make you happier

>you can buy a fast car, live in a nice house
>your interpersonal relationships become much more fake and unnatural

Whatever you say.
The second one seems slightly more important.

>Hey everyone who hates me, look at my fast car!
>>
Money is like hygiene. If you shower only once a month, your life will be horrible. Once a week is much better. Every day is fine. Every hour does you almost no good.

It takes an ever increasing amount of money at each step to provide the same wow factor of the previous step.
>>
>>1556672
Just make new friends? If someone suddenly drops you because you got rich were they really worth being friends with in the first place?
>>
>>1556627
no, but lack of money can sure buy you some unhappiness.
>>
>>1556627
Money can't buy happiness :^)
>>
>>1556672
Well for some people, they would be happier driving a ferrari, living in a nice house, drinking fine champagne instead of box wine from Costco, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm just saying there are ways in which it can increase your happiness and ways in which it doesn't increase your happiness and can, in fact, decrease your happiness. It's a mixed bag, since your interpersonal relationships sometimes do and sometimes don't become fake all of a sudden. It depends on the people you surround yourself with.
>>
File: 1243345465.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1243345465.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1556627
If I ever had money then I'd create video games, animation, uncommon music genres, publish books, buy 4chan, create websites, have my own fandom, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 246x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 246x255px
>>1556627
>wanting to be happy

You don't understand life
>>
>>1556797
Buying a pool is better, becoming king of the ocean is the end game.
>>
>>1556650
That's stupid and bullshit.

The only thing you have to do is upgrade the company you are around so they are richer or as rich as you.
>>
>>1556627
That film was awful
>>
File: 1474504021620.png (201KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1474504021620.png
201KB, 500x373px
>>1558327
this is precisely why you don't have any money you fucking retard holy shit lmao
>>
It's like asking does food make you happy?

Sure if you have no food you will be miserable, but then again on the other hand you can only stuff so much caviar in your mouth every day before you get tired of it.

And in any case, eating alone will make you sad either way.
>>
>>1558327
People do all of that without money, you just have to learn how to do it.

Also this:
>>1558430
>>
>>1556627
capitalistic slavery = happiness
>>
>>1558200
>>1558210
I wasn't responding to what I consider likely upon obtaining wealth, only to that anon's imaginary scenario.

>>1558200
It's not that they "drop" you, but it puts an incredible strain on the relationship. In fact, you may try your hardest not to change, while the fact that you "act like nothing's changed" is what annoys them the most.

>>1558210
Agreed.
And as far as relationships go, the ones made prior to wealth become more valuable, as those developed afterwards always have the risk of ulterior motives attached.
>>
>>
>>1556627

Having a little over 300k in salary is when you reach the maximum happiness level.

After that, it tapers off.
>>
>>1556650
>At the same time, your interpersonal relationships become much more fake and unnatural. You worry that your wife/gf only is with you for your money and you worry that your friends are only yes men who want a piece of the pie.
>friends
>girlfriend

Thank god I don't have to worry those as a poor man. Makes things easier once you become rich.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.