[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ill try to keep this short so it doesn't come off as whiny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: qQTfxx4.jpg (88KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
qQTfxx4.jpg
88KB, 1280x850px
Ill try to keep this short so it doesn't come off as whiny or venting.

I am a diagnosed autistic 18 year old highschool graduate. I do not receive any money from the government because they see me as fit to work, which is fair. My issue is that I really, really do not want to work a typical job. I feel because of something in brain, I am just not compatible with a 9-5 job or a boss telling what to do. I've explained this to many doctors but the most they'll do is give me anxiety medications and tell me to suck it up. Im not sure what I wanted them to do but either way I've ended up here, terrified and borderline suicidal. The other issue is my family and our finances. I cannot continue living at my mother's house much longer. She said I probably have about a year before I need to move out or pay rent, which is generous because that was not the case for my siblings. They had to move out much sooner.

I've worked two jobs in my life (at 16 and 17) and performed stellar in both of them, even though they made me incredibly sad and irritated to the point of quitting. This was also the case for school, I made honor roll every year. I am not good with people though, not one bit. I do not think that is why I hate working though. I imagine if I went to college, I could probably do very well and eventually get a high paying career. But that is not what Im doing, and thats why I am here.

A few months ago I posted online for advice on how to improve my people skills. I thought maybe if I became more comfortable around people, working would be easier and maybe I would even consider college. Over the months I've tried therapy, medications, CBT, DBT, even illegal drugs. Nothing worked and I accepted that I am doomed to be like this forever.

(1/2)
>>
(2/2)

So I decided to try to work around this. Instead of asking how to improve my people skills, I will make money on my own terms, more or less. And thats why I posted here, for advice on that. I dont really know if you can help me but I enjoy browsing /g/ so I thought I'd give this place a shot.

Are there any ways to make money out there for a guy like me? I browsed around and saw that Im better off investing in myself, rather than some gamble on a dropshipping business, stock market, or crypto currency. So do you have any suggestions on what I should study or do for the next year? I have some money but not much but I really will be committed to what I decide to do, both mentally and financially, since I see this as my last shot to having a happy life. 365 days of studying and researching something so that I can make money without being on someone's payroll. I have some ideas in mind but I'd like to see what the business experts recommend.

Thank you all, I really appreciate that you took the time to read this.
>>
>>1554963
Post email OP. Same boat. Met a cool person the last time I reached out in response one of these threads.
>>
>>1554976
I started going to partys in the rave scene. I used to think I was an autistic introvert but I easily become respected in any social setting. I have my mojo back.
>>
>>1554986
high doses of MDMA fixed most of my personal problems
>>
>>1554989
high dose DMT too...........

kinda like a reset button, just fuck it dude. you'll come back and it lasts a few minutes and you'll have a personal life experience
>>
>>1554986
OP you can also go to commercial EDM concerts/ festies if you don't know anyone in a party scene.

I'd hit up a local EDM concert. You will make friends easy but it's a step. It took me a few times out before I found a bestfriend who changed my life.
>>
>>1554963
Just get a job and make it clear that you need to have instructions emailed or texted to you so you don't have to interact with a manager. You just say that you have a disability. If you want to go to school to train there are plenty of isolated jobs in which you don't have to interact with people. Lab tech for instance.
If you are autistic and have a high tolerance for reading boring stuff get some programming books and get good at programming.
>>
Your options entirely depend on what your autistic superpowers are.

Identify specifically in which ways you function unusually (e.g. excessive focus, tolerance for the inane, not getting grossed out by what would normally gross others out)

Sanitation workers (garbage men), septic tank servicers, crime scene cleaners. You can make decent money with little to no education and a lot of autonomy if you can put up with the inanity and grossness.
>>
>>1554963
Didnt read your post OP but popped in just to sat that your pic is fucking off the chain comfy
>>
>>1554963
Have you tried Abilify? It helps me concentrate when I would otherwise experience intrusive thoughts probably related to autism.
>>
>>1554965
Hi OP.
I'm in the same boat. Assburger that can't work with people.

I got into janitorial work and ended up owning a janitorial company. It was and still is very cozy.
>>
>>1554963
I'm in a similar situation, though I never was diagnosed with autism or some shit, but that's probably because of the way doctors work in my country.
I worked exactly one day in my life and never wanna do it again. Right now I'm learning webdev, so I could bring to life some of my website\apps ideas, hoping they would give me some passive income. To start off, I'm planning to shill some affiliate shit to people on my website and then see how it goes.
>>
I think I'm on the spectrum too. I would have a hard time being NEET though. For one, I graduated top of my class in university, literally number 8. I have never had a gf, haven't had a friend for a long time, and had to interview for over 400 jobs just to get 1 due to my autistic responses to interview questions and human contact. I've had to teach myself proper responses for day-to-day human interaction. I have a response for almost everything now. It's definitely harder for us to make it, but not impossible. A new problem I've been having at work is anxiety attacks. I experienced my first one 6 months ago and have had 3 since all occurring more immediately than the last. I've been taking sick days when I get these. They are genuinely very scary for me; I haven't experienced anything like them. I can't stop talking to myself, sometimes very loudly. I hope I don't get these more frequently because that would really get in the way of my career. Like you, I'm looking to take the next exit off the wage cucking highway. I've saved nearly $60,000 and am exploring some business opportunities in my spare time. Unfortunately, I don't think an easy out exists. Hard work, luck, and perseverance are required for me to live my ideal lifestyle. The key ,to me, is to try to find someone in your life you can look up to and talk to. I generally gravitate to the older men in my work place. They are mostly willing to talk and give some useful tips in life. Granted I'm only 24, I've found them to be very helpful. Beware of Jews and unsuccessful morons that act like women and try to mislead you. Avoid them at all cost. It can be hard for people on the spectrum to identify them so be very cautious. A man's perseverance is important in life and business so keep pushing because it is worth it. This is something kikes, metros, and women will not understand but as men we do have the drive to achieve our goals. We have accomplished so much despite bad odds. Hang in there OP we will make it
>>
>>1554963
i dont think the drugs you mention help with autism, but arent there some newly marketed drugs or something available? if not youll just have to find kind hearted people to talk to, which is like rare. you should just live your own life desu.
>>
>>1554963
u dont need mdma to go to a rave, you just need some sort of calming recreational. and not everyone who goes to a rave is looking for a friend so be careful.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.