[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw have to get a $1300/month apartment atleast it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1458355835471.jpg (55KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458355835471.jpg
55KB, 750x750px
>tfw have to get a $1300/month apartment

atleast it's nice and close to work

how the fuck do you save money in a not shit area without making $100K a year?
>>
>>1554814
get job with matching 401k, max it every year.
Compounding kicks in, retire making 100k a yeer in interest and dividends, and money streams.
>>
Get a roommate
>>
I spend $1,280/month on rent that includes every utility but electricity and also get TV and internet. I only make $50K a year and have no issues investing.

The key to budgeting is to spend what you have after you save, not save what is left after spending. Budget how much you want to save a month first, then budget your expenses.

Don't do >>1554822 because you're liable for anything they do.
>>
It's a world designed for two incomes. Get a gf.
>>
>>1554830

>Its a world that's been fucked in the ass and gimped to require two incomes

FTFY
>>
>>1554814
2 options, get a roommate or find a cheaper apartment, probably further away from work
>>
>>1554830
>a country

I lived in the UK for 6 years and people as young as 20 were living on their own comfortably with a basic job. I paid 535 pounds a month for a 2 bedroom flat full of modern furniture and nice views near Manchester. Rent included all utilities and every thing. That was like $750/month USD. For $750/month around here, you'd be living with niggers and spics.
>>
>>1554839
You can easily live a comfortable bachelor lifestyle in most parts of the UK on 1,500/month, which is like $1,875 USD or something. Here in America, you'd struggle to make that at a factory working 12 hour shifts treated like a slave. There you could easily make 1,500/month working a couple part time jobs or some office position.

America is cucked by the government. Ever since they took over student loans, they've made it a living hell to make it without going to college. Before the 90s, you could get just about any job with on the job training. My Aunt is a loan officer, never went to college. Got on the job training and the bank she's worked for for decades has helped her study and keep her certifications. Now a days, you can't even be an Assistant Manager at McDonald's without some sort of degree. College is more of a tax than an education system in America.
>>
Try craigslist. Or buy.

Rent is outrageous where I live too.
>>
>>1554829

How much do you save per month? I'm going to be in your shoes soon
>>
>>1554814

Buy a house and pay 1300 a month or less. Get multiple roommates and you could have them pay the rent while making profit.
>>
>>1554856
I save $50/week. I could double or triple but I don't need to. I currently have $24,509 in my account. I have it all in VOO and I just buy more when the daily is under a 200 period moving average. Nothing strategic. I should have ~$662K by the time I retire, from saving only $50/week. Doesn't include my 401K contributions or profit sharing from the company I work for though.
>>
>>1554839

Britfag, can confirm. House and rent prices in Sheffield when I visited shocked me as a Londonistanian. My best mate has a large 2 bedroom house, finished to a nice standard, meanwhile I'm living in a studio apartment which doesn't even have heating.

AND I'M PAYING 4x MORE IN RENT
>>
>be in 20s
>too fancy pants to live with a roommate
It's gonna be a hard life Elliott Rodger
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.