[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are objects of value a good investment, for example a watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1111.jpg (41KB, 706x450px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
41KB, 706x450px
Are objects of value a good investment, for example a watch? Can you list some of them?
pic unrelated
>>
Kneepads
>>
>>1554444
the only way i consider an item of value as a good investment is if you got it for dirt cheap or for free

i.e., your father was an avid collector of x memorabilia. he dies, and said memorabilia gets passed onto you

not only has it gained value from the time your father owned it, but it also collects value from whatever time YOU owned it

never go out of your way to buy items of value, as it cuts your profit margin greatly and takes an extremely long time before the ROI becomes anything substantial

t. person who has made money off items of value
>>
>>1554444
also, you asked for a list

literally anything of any brand name whatsoever
geneva
dukes of hazzard
star wars
etc.
as long as it a) isnt junk (gamestop promotional posters), and b) is something of value to collectors (people who grew up with the item, focus your demographics)
>>
>>1554448
That's good to know, thanks. I think then that investing in businesses is far more risky but also far more profitable.
>>
>>1554452
But aren't collectibles difficult to sell?
>>
>>1554454
it is my an INCREDIBLE amount

its not that items of value arent profitable, its just that they have an extremely slow rate of monetary growth
you could buy a 1964 mustang thats worth 30-35k, but it will still probably be worth a solid 35k 3 or 4 years from now

however, in another 10 years, it might be worth more like 40k
>>
>>1554470
who the hell told you that?

no, they are most certainly not difficult to sell lol

you just cant smack them on ebay for an outrageous price

you have to do some research, get the items appraised, find the right market, etc.

reselling isnt just milk and honey like a lot of people seem to think, there is quite of a bit of research that goes into it beforehand
>>
File: Black Lotus.jpg (47KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Black Lotus.jpg
47KB, 312x445px
Yes
>>
>>1554660
Lol my dad had one of these and I think got 15k from it a couple years ago.
>>
>>1554660
What's so special about this shit?

Literally a few mana what's the big deal
>>
>>1554675
>free

Assuming this isn't bait.

Lotus lets you shit out combos on turn 1. You can literally win the game on your first main phase. Legacy/Vintage formats are fucking retarded because damn near every card in the history of the game exists in them, and there are hundreds of different decks that are capable of drawing half their library and doing hundreds - infinity damage with card combos. Generally the limit is mana. Lotus lets you just ignore that. The only thing that keeps combo in check is force of will because it's the only reliable way to counterspell with no mana and no board presence.

Even if it isn't combo, lotus lets you trade a single card for temporary mana to gain tempo. In a format with infinite draw power, burning a card for a temp upswing is not a real drawback.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.