[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to create an app but i'm broke and i have zero knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1344613533609.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1344613533609.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
I want to create an app but i'm broke and i have zero knowledge about app development

am i fucked? should i sit on my idea?
>>
>>1554398
You're fucked and your idea sucks. How much do you have?
>>
File: 1445708881426.jpg (29KB, 528x395px) Image search: [Google]
1445708881426.jpg
29KB, 528x395px
>>1554398
Why don't you learn how to program, idiot
>>
What's stopping you from learning anon? If you don't know how to start, why haven't you asked? Why do you not use YouTube tutorials or by a book?
>>
>>1554405

i don't think i could do this on my own

>>1554404
like 500 bucks

>>1554406
i need to create it right the fuck now

not in 3 years
>>
>>1554398

>He's an ideas guy
>>
File: IMG_0794.jpg (783KB, 2511x2511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0794.jpg
783KB, 2511x2511px
You have a few options:

1. Learn to code and make the app, get a MVP (minimum viable product) to show to investors or people you want to give sweat equity to. Try to get a developer.

2. Get a developer by sharing the idea with people you know. You handle the direction of the company and business decisions, they get equity for a MVP.

3. Use the $500 to get a freelancer.

I would mix the three. Learn to code because it's an important skill (Apple has some type of Swift tutorial, and you can do hourofcode), use existing connections to share the idea with your friends who know how to code, offer sweat equity and a $250 signing bonus and $250 and more equity when they get a MVP. If you can't find a friend, use a freelancer but negotiate down.
>>
>>1554416

still better than being a meme guy

>>1554418

>Learn to code and make the app, get a MVP (minimum viable product) to show to investors

how hard is it? i'll see what i can find

i got 3 months free ahead of me

also thank you from the bottom of my heart
>>
lil bump
>>
>>1554398
There are tons of app making software out there that automates a ton of the work. You can also hire a pajeet on upwork to get it made as well.

"idea" men are the worst. If you want it made, go get it made.
>>
>>1554720

i searched and found out about those app making software a while ago, im already trying to use one

>"idea" men are the worst

that is an opinion, thanks
>>
>>1554408
>ike 500 bucks
Pay an Indian guy 500 bucks to create the app for you. It might not be that good in quality but it'll be an app.
>>
File: 1466271495438.gif (2MB, 363x221px) Image search: [Google]
1466271495438.gif
2MB, 363x221px
>>1554408
500bucks? Well fuck, i'll take it. Post project description and deadline.
Too public for your smart idea? Post contact information
>>
>>1555183

post your infos and ill contact you
>>
>>1554724

ideas are cheap, and idea guys are the worst. so annoying, ive met so many idea bros. they havent got the slightest clue about actually building anything. its no wonder that successful tech companies have technical founders. now, go lern2code. takes a while and is actually hard work tho, so i know you wont do it
>>
>>1554408
Try snappmakers.com
They do low cost app development. They'll even do $500 if it's not something crazy difficult
>>
>>1555778
Not same id as OP

[email protected]
>>
>>1555852
>>1555852
>takes a while and is actually hard work tho, so i know you wont do it

i'm already doing it

thanks for your opinion again.
nice implying too, bro
>>
>>1556086

i know. My internet provider is fucked

ill contact you, maybe
>>
>>1554398
Check out snappii.com
They have shit tons of templates and are in your price range
>>
>>1554398
Programming is getting easier to learn.

Take swift as an example
>>
>>1556558

im trying to code for Android tho

learning Java now
>>
>>1554398
I can help you, if you have money.

I can develop apps, and on the off chance you have something particularly complex in mind I can learn, or find someone who knows how (comp sci/math major here).

On a side note, I have a brilliant idea for an autonomous guided vehicle that is a sure thing, but I need money. Like $7,500 - $10,000 that I really don't have. I can make that in a few months, but time is of the essence.

I'm not bullshitting. If you have money and pay me to write the app, I'll make your dream come true and you can make mine come true.

If you're a poorfag tho then this isn't going to work, so sorry
>>
>>1556573
>I want to create an app but i'm broke

Sci/math major but you can't read my nigga?
>>
File: 001.jpg (26KB, 392x428px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
26KB, 392x428px
>>1556585
>but you can't read my nigga?
Evidently not, I'll just slink away now.
>>
>>1554398
how about a programming tutor
>>
>>1556612

Tutor?

I don't know, i'm using Open Classroom right now as a starting point
>>
>>1556624
its way harder than what feels possible. If your idea is good enough you can find investment. Dont worry about people stealing your idea? If it sounds like a good idea, someone with more money has done it, better. it has to be a idea that sounds bad but you know will work. Ok this only applies to startups but Im guessing you're going for that instead of competing with others.
>>
>>1556636

Yeah, i'm trying something new.
I know people will like it, I was about to just contact a Start up and present to them my idea. But after this thread i feel like 'idea guys' are seen as worthless.
thats why im trying to, at least, get some knowledge about coding

>If it sounds like a good idea, someone with more money has done it, better

i've spent the last week searching for a similar idea, i might be the first, i feel like i am
>>
>>1554398
I'm probably about a year ahead of you, I'm already a decent programmer and I'm working on some really exciting stuff. Everything I've made so far has been so-so, but my gut is telling me what I'm working on now has some serious potential.

I guess what I can tell you based on my experience is to get a tutor, either online (i.e. buy a course), start college or get someone IRL to teach you. The important thing is to start and to have someone watch you and coach you. Once you start gaining some skill try making simple apps just to get used to the process and be very meticulous on processing the feedback users give you. That being said, you don't want to wait too long to start working on "that one great idea". Even if you don't feel good enough yet just start making some shitty version of that idea and then as you get better go back and correct it. Just start working on it asap
>>
>>1556713

thanks for your input anon
I'm also aware of a college course i could take

>The important thing is to start and to have someone watch you and coach you.

that d be cool, but im broke, so im trying to learn from free resources online atm
>>
>>1556750
free courses will probably be fine in the beginning but I would strongly recommend buying a good beginner program, shouldn't run you more than 40-60 bucks and it'll really accelerate your progress I think (at least it did for me).
>>
>>1556776

you mean a book like such and such for Dummies or online?

>buying a good beginner program
>it'll really accelerate your progress I think (at least it did for me).

can I ask more info on that? do you know a good website?
>>
>>1556657
have you ever thought that maybe no one has done it yet because its a shit idea that wont work?
>>
File: 1475961188204.jpg (16KB, 379x295px) Image search: [Google]
1475961188204.jpg
16KB, 379x295px
>>1556789
Nah you want a video course, it's more interactive.

personally I purchased rob percivals iOS beginner course on udemy.com and I thought it was pretty good (also it was the one with the most purchases and most positive reviews so yeah, easy pick really).

btw if there's a mod reading this thinking about banning me for linking to another website, pic related is for you
>>
>>1556809
I was gonna roast you but then I realised that it won't matter and that when this thread 404's I'm gonna be living an awesome because I actually step out of my comfort zone and try new things and continually try to improve myself and you're just gonna be left behind here, shitposting until the day you die
>>
>>1556822

>Nah you want a video course, it's more interactive
>udemy.com

i'll keep that in mind, reading can get boring, very good idea

>>1556828
I actually step out of my comfort zone and try new things and continually try to improve myself and you're just gonna be left behind here, shitposting until the day you die

this is what shitposter don't get, keep on keeping on kind anon
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.