[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SEC requires $25k to day trade >Every decent broker takes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: business casual pepe.jpg (119KB, 766x800px) Image search: [Google]
business casual pepe.jpg
119KB, 766x800px
>SEC requires $25k to day trade
>Every decent broker takes at least $8 commission (inb4 muh Robinhood)
>muh capital gainz tax reks any money you make from trading
>Maintenence calls eat away further, if you don't keep enough money in your account
>at this point, almost 100% of all online brokers are schemes to make money off casual traders with <$10,000 to invest

When did you realize the game was rigged against you from the start? One can't even make money on the stock market, without already having a shit ton of disposable income, putting in tiny amounts at <15% returns and waiting until they get old, or taking out a loan and risking it all.
>>
Im German ans I use DeGiro.

2€ per trade + 0,08% of trading value and almost no costs for foreign markets.

no extra cost or minimum portfolio size either
>>
>>1553841
Hanz pls
You're making me sad
>>
>>1553841
Is there something similar to capital gains tax in Naziland?
>>
Other Hans here: Tax on capital gains in Germany is abot 30.5%.
>>
File: 1475234516982.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475234516982.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>1553841
>mfw paying 9€+ commissions at InG-Diba
>>
To be precise: a single person has an allowance of 801 euro per annum. Anything above is taxed with 25% and then consecutively taxed with 5.5%. This roughly can be streamlined to a tax of 30.5%.
>>
>>1553884
Wew...
The game really is universally rigged against poorfags...
>>
Yep, it's ridiculous to make money this way when you're taxed by german shit standards of jewing. No way to win here.

Therefore we all try to save commission so hard to minimize jewgivings.
>>
>>1553835

>He thinks the stock market is a vehicle for quick profit instead of long-term investment

The game is rigged against you, but not in the way you think.
>>
>>1553871
>>1553884
Somebody here can not into math. KESt is 25% and from that 25% you pay 5,5% for the new states. That means: 25%+(5,5%/4) which is 26,375%...
You can also open a broker account in the UK for example at IG or LYNX than you have a higher leberager because you pay the tax at the end of the year.
But I prefer a german broker because you can get losses automatically back, because they are offset with the taxes you paid.
>>
I've done the math, my man. It is fucked up. Long term or otherwise.
>>
>>1553835
They're making money off of you because they want you to invest long-term.

Short-term investors always either get burned or lucky.
>>
File: 1433508593797.png (108KB, 237x291px) Image search: [Google]
1433508593797.png
108KB, 237x291px
Is this the German stock gamblers thread now?

Who /DAXTurbos/ here

>pic related
>>
>>1553835

Not trying to be a weenie, but whats stopping you from getting robinhood?
>>
>>1554252
>It's shit.
>you're still legally barred from day trading, thanks to the SEC when your account is sub $25k
>>
You need >$1,000,000 to invest in private securities. Thanks SEC.
>>
>>1554257
Try UStockTrade.
>>
>>1554301
I second ustocktrade for OP, I just opened an account with them.

You can "legally" day trade with them because they found a way to get around it.
The fees are $1 a trade and $1 a month membership fee. Only downside is you have to be with one of the big banks they are partnered with so you can fund your account.
>>
>>1554424
How did they get around it?
>>
>>1554433
They don't trade directly on exchanges, so they settle your money instantly. PDT regulations only apply to margin accounts.
>>
>>1554435
Intredasting...
Too bad I'm with a local bank...
>captcha: keep out Sportivo
Yeah, fuck that guy.
>>
>>1553835
Well, that's what happens when you have idiots lobby their politicians to pressure the SEC.
You can thank all the idiots who lost money because they didn't know what they were doing, and then blamed it on the stock market & sued the companies involved.
Oh yeah, then they used their (recent) poverty to claim hardship, rather than take the blame themselves.
Big surprise when the SEC started instituting barriers to entry in order to protect the morons from themselves.
Too bad there's no competency test, at least that way it wouldn't have fucked everyone else in the process.
>>
theres no day trading rule for futures.
>>
>>1553835
>>1554547
Are there any (news) articles about this issue?
>>
There is no PDT rule if you're using a cash account. Just use a regular RH cash account like the bitch you are.

Daytrading is for faggots though.
>>
>>1553835
It's almost as if capitalism is designed to keep most people poor.
>>
>>1554637
True Capitalism isn't designed, at all.

Person provides good or service that someone else pays or trades for: Capitalism

Government intervenes and creates all sorts of rules and regulations designed and lobbied for by wealthy parties to stunt competition that are opaque enough that most of the public doesn't know or care what's going on until it's too late: liberal dreamland
>>
>>1554686
This, all day long
>>
>people are trying to prevent me from gambling away my life savings how dare they
>>
>>1556034
Government should not protect me from myself. My money, my decision. If I want to be a fucking retard with it, or even just risk a couple thousand, why should the government even have a say?

Hell, I'm actually contributing to the economy, at that point by helping some other schmuck make money.
>>
>>1553835
this is the very reason people use robinhood or trade shitcoins..

If brokers werent so greedy, then more people will play their game.. but screw them, I've got memes to invest in
>>
>>1556039
Also, how come niggers are allowed to buy gold teeth and Nikes on welfare money, but I can't risk my own earned money in an investment?

Fuck that, if I'm going broke, I'm doing it the *white* way
>>
>>1556039
>government lets me buy stupid shit with student loans and I'm $120K in debt with a pointless degree how dare they give me the freedom to do such a thing
>government won't let me throw away my money on day trading how dare they not give me the freedom to do anything

When you can't make your citizens happy, you should just kill them. Please gas this country and start fresh.
>>
>>1556062
>government lets me buy stupid shit with student loans and I'm $120K in debt with a pointless degree how dare they give me the freedom to do such a thing

Said nobody ever.
Usually they just complain about cost, and their shitty choice, not the freedom to do it.
>>
>>1556074
Says every millennial that blames the government and education system on their stupidity actually
>>
>>1556076
Millennials are people?
>>
>>1553835
>Taxes taking my whole damn check
>Junkies making me a nervous wreck
>The price of food is going up
>And as if all that shit wasn't enough:
>A rat done bit my sister Nell
>With whitey on the moon

Start making some good trades then and quit being a loser. I started with 6K back in March and now I have 14k. Complaing ain't gonna do shit for you
>>
>>1553841
I'm Dutch and I second this.
>>
>>1556039
>Government should not protect me from myself
Maybe you aren't the kind of person who would turn around and sue the other parties involved. Or who would end up in dire financial straits and have to have the government assist you with welfare.
But plenty of others are.
When brokerages say "we want $25K, minimum", they're really saying "It's not worth our time to deal with people who only have a few thousand. Plus, the people with significant assets will be unable to sue us by citing financial hardship".

People might be able to claim ignorance with $2,000. With $25,000, not so much.
>>
>>1556099
hey sexi
>>
>>1553858
Yes, in Austria 27,5%
>>
>>1556099
Hoe zit het met die belasting waar die duitsers het over hebben? Dat hebben wij toch niet of wel?

Zit er over te denken om bij degiro te gaan voor kleine kapitaal penny stocks te handelen.
>>
>>1553835
SureTrader lets you day trade with less than 25k but don't do it because day trading is just gambling.

Invest your savings in low cost stock index funds.
>>
>>1553858
20% or 28% depending of you want to pay the church tax or not
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.